Race core finaly on the car [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Race core finaly on the car

blacklaser
12-29-2001, 08:47 PM
The race core went on the car today along with a tial bov. Before this IC i had the spearco 2-221. I haven't really got on it yet but so far the results are great. The turbo spools up faster and starts spooling at about the same rpm(3k). After I get the afc all set up and go with 20psi I'll let everyone know how it is. The IC is made with quality and I say that because people who saw buschurs before said the end tanks were made better and stronger. I'll have pictures of the set up tomorrow. Ken awsome job.

ohmygawd
12-30-2001, 11:40 AM
Can you give us a little more info? How was dealing with Indy Race Cores? Were there any installation instructions? Did it arrive when they said it would. How were the welds? What did it come with etc.

And especially when you get tuned, how did it perform?

SpicyTuna
12-30-2001, 02:18 PM
Any pictures of the finished product on the car?

SleepR DSM
12-30-2001, 03:16 PM
Yes,

I would really like to know how the installation went. What all was involved?

blacklaser
01-01-2002, 02:18 PM
I finaly got some photos up on my web page of the new IC. Also have a few comparison shots between the race core and the spearco 2-221. www.91turbolaser.com Dealing with them was awsome because Ken is a great guy and the service is great. Everything arrived as he said it would and the quality of the welds were admired by a few. People that had Buschurs cores noticed the better weld on my Race Core and said so. Installation instructions hmm yeah the upper IC pipe goes to one side and the lower goes to the other haha. If you want instal help I am sure they are very willing. I had Joe from BMTranny.com work on mine and he did a great job especialy with the lower IC pipe. I didnt order the pipes but had them made so I just recived the IC but you can order them with piping and everything you need. The insallation would have been a pain if I wanted to keep my A/C but changed my mind at last minute and that made a night and day difference. The IC went right on w/out a problem and it isn't goign anywhere. Look at my website and you can see photos. Also if you want more with piping photos just e-mail me. I will be dealing with Ken a lot. Oh just wanted to say that i know a few people selling their buschur coes to get the Race core i am sporting. Will let you know performance differences soon.

SpicyTuna
01-02-2002, 03:19 PM
I just looked at the pictures. Looks great. I was looking at this picture: http://www.geocities.com/turbolaser91/images/IC.JPG and you should open the bumper some more!! The new IC is huge compared to your old one.:D :cool:

blacklaser
01-02-2002, 03:48 PM
I am going to open the bumper more but first i want to find soem sort of mesh grill that i can slap on the front and protect it from road hazards and etc. Any ideas?

shabby
01-02-2002, 06:47 PM
A garden mesh grill from home depot? :)

SpicyTuna
01-02-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by shabby
A garden mesh grill from home depot? :)

Thats what I used, cheap, and easy to get. You can't even tell unless your RIGHT up against my car. You can go with a piece that stands out more if your wanted though.

boostedfoursix
01-05-2002, 03:01 PM
f that other fmic that will go nameless i need that one rite now

blacklaser
01-05-2002, 03:13 PM
which one do you need?

boostedfoursix
01-05-2002, 03:17 PM
the indy race core dude. not that b****R over priced core. what was the total price for the indy core. how long did it take for you to receave it and what is the fit and finish like.?

blacklaser
01-05-2002, 04:35 PM
The race core cost me 700 because i was one of the first people to get it now i belive it is 750 which is a great price compared to buschurs 950. I ordered mine w/out piping because i had mine custom made. I believe you can get the IC with piping,catch cans,clamps and ect for around 1200 vs buschurs 1650. The race core was here when ken said it would be here in my case it was a little over a week. It's on the car right now and you can see it at www.91turbolaser.com If you have any specyfic questions e-mail me at ulrich27@aol.com

boostedfoursix
01-06-2002, 05:52 AM
for around 1200 vs buschurs 1650

damn 1200 thats only 150 less than the bushur core. turbotrix and macch v sell them for 1350

blacklaser
01-06-2002, 06:02 AM
You are confused here little buddy. I am talking about the RACE CORE set up and you are talking about the street core. Buschur sells the Street Core for 1350 vs Ken who sells his for 900. The race core what i have is sold for 1650 by buschur and around 1200 from KEN you know what i mean now.

boostedfoursix
01-06-2002, 06:20 AM
ok i didnt know that was the race core on your car. the 900 dollar core was what i was looking for and 900 is a awesome price.`

DSMRSTPOS
01-11-2002, 03:56 PM
hey black laser....do you have a front bumper on your car at all now? or is it just the cover. it doesnt really look like the actual bumper will fit with that huge intercooler on there.

Mike

BTW nice setup, i am looking for a FMIC soon and indy seems to be the wave of the future unless ole busch decides to have a price war <fingers crossed>

DSM Storm
01-11-2002, 10:40 PM
Hey, Im curious, how does the black powdercoated pipes look? I noticed that on your site, is the TB elbow also coated?

blacklaser
01-11-2002, 10:50 PM
Mike INDY RACE CORES is the way to go on the basis of price and pure craftsmanship. People just took one look at my end tanks and they noticed they were built different. Trust me buschurs price will be nowhere near he said he was going to lower the prices on his shit and yet we still have to see that. I dont have a front or rear bumper there is just no place for the front one LOL. As far as the powercoated pipes they look awsome and no i didnt do the elbow but i should have .

bigboosttalon
01-12-2002, 12:08 AM
how bad whould it have been if you wanted to keep your ac keep in mind im going to do mine on a hoist but what xtra work whould you have too have done to keep the ac. i am ordering my race intercooler on monday and rad these guys are great.

blacklaser
01-12-2002, 01:52 PM
You can keep the ac it isnt that big of a deal but you have to fuck around with p/s pipes and ac condenser and shit. It can be done it just going to be a pain.

DSMRSTPOS
01-12-2002, 02:26 PM
ok next question...i dont know if youve driven the car enough to tell yet or not, but how does the race core affect airflow to the radiator? are you still running the stock radiator? a friend of mine with the buschur street core says that the race core actually flows more air to the radiator but im not exactly sure why he says that. maybe its because the air can travel up through the race core into the path of the radiator, where with the street core the air is just blocked from the radiator more. i dunno..anyway just wondering. thanks.

Mike

Nick 92 TSi AWD
01-12-2002, 02:59 PM
The endtanks on the street core probably block some of the air path. The endtanks on the race cores are narrower, so more air can probably get to the core.

If you install some form of ducting between the FMIC and radiator you shouldn't have any overheating problems.

blacklaser
01-12-2002, 03:22 PM
Hey whats up NICK how you been bro. Mike as far as air flow to the radiator lets put it this way. I have a stock radiator that had bent fins lefy and right and I have not had a problem wiht any overheating. Then again it hasnt been 90 degrees here either. I am putting on a new radiator from KEN thats actualy lighter and cools better then fluidyne radiator. So when summer comes around I'll be ready for some heat. Nick drop me an e-mail i got ot ask you a question.

misbfa1
01-14-2002, 01:00 PM
I am confused, just where did this race core from. You keep saying Ken, but what shop is he with. I am really interested in this setup. By the way did this come with piping, or did you have it custom made?

Thanx
-Brian

FastGSXauto
01-14-2002, 01:51 PM
How do you mount the front bumper cover if you lose the metal bumper part?

lambertvr4
01-14-2002, 07:58 PM
Damn bro, that is one big core. I've heard awesome things about Indy recently. Everyone loves their welds. Apparently the guy who does them is awesome. I'm glad to hear that their customer service etc. follows suit.

I recently added a big FMIC on my car too. It's a Griffen core the same size as yours. A buddy of mine(Shannon Knoepflein) did it for me in trade for my extra VPC. He sells the core and endtanks for $550 in case you're wondering. Spearco cores are $100 more. You have to hack the bumper tho, but I didn't mind. Check it out, I made up a webpage showing the start to finish. It also shows my "review" so far.

http://john.lambert.tripod.com/Pictures/FMIC/FMIC.html

You can get the same core/tanks from Shannon at NocturnalMotorsports.com or from S&A Motorsports or Polk Performance here in Arkansas.

later fellas

bigboosttalon
01-16-2002, 10:59 PM
just ordered race intercooler and rad these guys are great.

JDM AWD
01-24-2002, 03:58 PM
blacklaser:

do you know how many cfm the street core flows. when i orderd my ete32 mutt turbo from extreme turbo pete asked me how many cfm the i/c would support and i had no idea.?

blacklaser
01-25-2002, 12:05 AM
CFM's dont mean anything bro its all abot the pressure drop. The street core flows 740 but as I said that doesnt matter . Both the race core which is what i have and LOVE and the street core have a 2psi drop at 910 cfm's. The race core is unbelivable. Tonight after work I finaly got on it big time and went through 3rd ,5rpm in 4th and some 5th and the car pullls like crazy. I was in 140mph zone in no time. Soon i should have some track numbers and possibly dyno. I cannot say enough good things about this IC,but soon the numbers will speak.

bl513
01-25-2002, 04:44 PM
maybe this time adam you will break into the 12's..hehe, jk...your car is badass...can't wait till the spring when we go to e-town and have my car make it down the track and your car running some solid 11's...peace

blacklaser
01-26-2002, 01:30 AM
watch your step BIN LADEN...