DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

THE COOLEST DATALOGGING/ TUNING SOFTWARE FOR 2G's!!!!!!!!

13K views 50 replies 23 participants last post by  98GSTBig28 
#1 ·
Check out: www.dsmlink.com !!!!!!!!!!!
This is the coolest thing since sliced bread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The program does so much. You could blow your engine big time with this. You can set RPM limits, launch RPM, fuel, timing, etc. etc. etc. It just went on sale in the last couple of days. I have to get this thing here pretty soon. Oh, and it does the normal stuff like fuel cut removal and automatic timing control between shifts. Check this out NOW! Something makes me think that there is going to be a shortage of 95 EPROM ECU's or a hike up in the price.

Rob

#2 ·
I don't see wat's so great about it? Why not just get TMO to reprogram your ECU and pick up a pocketlogger? For that kind of a cost you might as well as it's the same price and a pocketlogger is much smaller and the TMO ecu will give you more extra stuff.

#5 ·
But, didn't you READ what it does. You can adjust anything at any time. I think TMO is permanent. You hook up the computer to the ECU and make adjustments. Then, those adjustments are saved onto the EPROM because it uses flash memory. Disconnect the computer from the EPROM ECU and you are all set. What's that, you say that you just got some new 720cc injectors and you need to lean the global fuel delivery? Well, just hook back the computer and make the adjustments. Save those, disconnect, and you're set. Oh, and lets not forget the DATALOGGING ability of this software. Sure the pocket logger gets the data, but not very fast. These guys somehow turbocharged the data stream to keep things up to date. For the money I think that it is a good deal. JUST READ WHAT IS ON THEIR SITE AND YOU'LL SEE THAT THERE IS MORE TO IT THAN MEETS THE EYE. ALSO DOWNLOAD THE PDF FILE EXPLAINING HOW IT WORKS.

Rob

#7 ·
Does anybody own a DSMlink yet? Please give us some thoughts and opinions? Thanks.

#13 ·
DSMLink is an amazing tool. It eliminates the need for an AFC, ITC, MSD (if used for launch Control), TMO ECU (for fuel cut and raised rev limiter) and a Alex Peper (they are working on a palm version in the future that will cost the same). I just placed my order for it yesterday and have to ship my ecu out tomorrow. Really read through it and you will all be sold.

#15 ·
Wait so this thing pulls codes out of the OBD-II faster? I don't understand. The pocketlogger pulls them out as fast as the OBD-II can handle so how can this pull them out faster on that kind of an ecu? Also how does it magically reprogram it if there is no Eprom? Only the 95 2g's came with an eprom as far as 2g's go. I guess I am lost.

#16 ·
You have to have a 95 ECU with eprom. That is the only way you can get this. They have developed their own communication protocol that just happens to use the odb2 connector. The chip they put in I think has a combination of a bios and flash rom therefore is changable by the laptop. Really cool process. By using their own protocol, they can get 300bits/sec as compared to 20 with ODB2.

#21 ·
From what I have gathered, this is actually a samll business that the guys (Tom Dorris and Dave Mertz) actually started. I believe that they bought the equipment to burn the EPROM's and use it in there. That is what it sounds like anyway, I could be wrong. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, many DSM tuning and parts shops start out that way.

I get mine tomorrow morning, I will have to post some first impressions later tomorrow or Thursday.

#23 ·
I can't wait to see what you post when you get the thing (In) Front Driver. It is what all 2g owners have been waiting for. I'm exactly opposite when it comes to having all of those electronic gadgets in the car because you have to find places to put them all and you have to plug them into things and splice wires etc. Its just easier and cleaner to go with the dsmlink. Or at least that is what I think. We'll see how good it REALLY is when (In) Front Driver gets to test it out.

Rob

#24 ·
I have a question: Will an ECU from a GST work in a GSX?? If so, that would help me a lot! My friend has a 95 GST Spyder and he is selling it. IF his ECU has EPROM, would I be able to swap out mine on my 99 GSX? I know he would do it if it would work, so I won't have to searchfor the ECU!! If it does, I'm going to get the DSMLink right away. Please help. Thanks.
Matt

#25 ·
yes it will work. You will have to swap your spark plug wires on the coil. 4 with 2 and 1 with 3. Also, make sure that it is an EPROM, some 95's weren't. It should have an E in the lower right corner of the sticker on the ECU.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.