First street race in AGES, vs IS300 [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: First street race in AGES, vs IS300

Jehu
12-30-2000, 10:27 AM
I'll make it short and sweet. Here's the scenario. Wife thinks I drive too dangerously, due to the fact that I crashed my previous car(long story...I was on the way to the tire store to replace the bald back tires in my 300+ HP MkIII supra in the pouring rain, and I hydroplaned, and no I wasn't racing or driving fast), that I accelerate too fast, that I bring the rev's over 5k occasionally, so I've been driving very sedatedly while she's in the car, which is pretty much everywhere we go. But I do so love her so I take it slow for her sake.

Wife is back in Canada for the holidays, and I'm stuck here due to having depleted my holidays. Being bored, and wanting to get some driving in before the snow starts again, I decide to go for a little drive. I have an auto 95 Talon Tsi AWD, with a new gigantic 8.5" conical K&N, a cold-air box( aka foam engine block-off), testpipe and muffler, Greddy UIC with 1G BOV, and a homemade MBC set to 15psi.

In the style of the great Mario Pennycook, aka porsche killer...

After a very uneventful evening of driving around town and hearing my BOV echo off of the delinquent downtown architecture, I stop at a stoplight. I ponder the profundity of life and the lack of nice cars on the road as I wait for the light, studying the sweeping arches of the lone church standing stolidly against the revages of time...I proceed home, realising that tonight's efforts were an exercise in futility and the impending snow will end all such future endeavours.
While making a turn into my neighbourhood, I spy a set up bright xenon lights whip around the curve, heading in the other direction. The round taillights glaring at me from my rearview confirmed my suspicions...ah yes, a Lexus Is300. I've been test driving my collegue's and it's a very nice handling car with quite adequate power. I whip around and follow him. I see him take off from a corner and decide that he is driving pretty aggressively, so I follow him, while keeping to sane speeds myself while we headed out of the neighbourhood. I soon find myself in the empty commercial areas in town, and the road opens up to 4 lanes. He punches it while 2-3 car lengths ahead, and I follow suit in the next lane, feeling my head pressed back against the head rest and watching the tachometer do it's dance. I'm not sure what speeds we got up to, as my eyes were glued on the road, but in about 10 seconds I'm by his door and moving ahead. Light comes up and it's time to shut down. My Porterfields R4-S haul me down to a stop, and once again I am reminded of why I junked my stock pads. We're lined up at the light, and I prepare to illucidate the significance of the three little letters on my rear bumper. I look over, and glimpse the silhouette of a youngish person, with the prerequisite back turned basball cap. The cross lights turns yellow and I give it a little rev, then start brake torquing. Green light comes and I feel the unleashed fury of 15psis and hear what I believe to be wheel spin coming from the next lane over the booming of my umm...fart cannon :). I spring ahead by 2 car lengths, proceed to increase it to 4, and I decide that I've made my point. Traffic comes up, I try to get beside him to give him the thumbsup, but he manages to stay behind me. A right turn and adios amigo.
As I sit at the light, waiting to make a left turn back towards home and awash in the afterglow of the race, whaddayaknow, the grand sweeping architecture catches my eyes again. Maybe, just maybe, someone was listening...

[Edited by Jehu on 12-30-2000 at 11:34 AM]

97TSiAWD
12-30-2000, 10:39 AM
The IS300s are a rare sight around here. I've seen maybe two of them...one yellow, one black: both driven by young (in their 20s) guys.

Good storytelling too. :D

Jon

Talonboy604
12-30-2000, 08:36 PM
good kill...
i see is300's pretty often here...always those blue ones...very nice car...a friend of a friend has one...too bad he hasnt broken it in yet...

MoBoost
12-30-2000, 08:53 PM
Nice kill!!
I don't like IS300 - Lexus is a lexury car in my opinion - I don't like gnome lexury cars, namely - Lexus IS, BMW Z3, and Mercedes SLK ... but that's just my opinion.

Jehu
12-30-2000, 10:19 PM
Yeah, But I REALLY wouldn't mind a M-roadster, or M coupe preferably, and yes, with the new 333 horse M3 engine. :)

97TSiAWD
12-30-2000, 10:44 PM
I'd even take a BMW 540i over my DSM right now! :D M5 or M3 would be nicer but 540i would work just fine for me. Any donations?

Jon

3312DC
12-31-2000, 01:25 AM
good kill, nice story telling Jehu...

Bluntdogg
12-31-2000, 10:10 AM
Hey Jon, you're gonna need a hell of alot of donations if you want that M5! :) But I'm with ya on it.

97TSiAWD
12-31-2000, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Bluntdogg
Hey Jon, you're gonna need a hell of alot of donations if you want that M5!
I know...but it's worth a try.

Jon

KILURV8
01-09-2001, 01:33 PM
I could deal with an M5 but I think I would miss the turbo. I can't wait for BMW to make and AWD M5 since they are making the Xseries cars AWD. Than I could take that 395 N/A BHP and bolt up 2 turbos and have myself the 500 or so BHP. OH I NEED TO STOP DREAMING. Its a pleasant thought though isn't it. I think my next goal is turbo charging my lawn mower. I think a T-25 should be about right for that size motor since they are too small for the 4G63.

97TSiAWD
01-09-2001, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by KILURV8
I think my next goal is turbo charging my lawn mower. I think a T-25 should be about right for that size motor since they are too small for the 4G63.
hehe, I offered my T25 to my friend when I get the Big 16G so he can slap it onto a lawnmower engine which he wants to put on one of those razor scooters. :D The T25 ought to be perfect for those tiny engines.

Jon

1.8L_2slow_lol
01-20-2001, 05:41 PM
Not only was it a great kill, but excellent storyline and descriptions. Shoulda had you write all my English papers for me back in high school!!!

kevingst
01-21-2001, 08:41 PM
nice kill, and I gotta agree with the concensus on this one, excellent composition

91TalonTSi
01-28-2001, 12:34 AM
HAHA !!! Hell yea. I wana turbocharge my 20hp ryder mower.. :)

25-30hp out of her should be enough to take some small trees .. yes ?? :)

Im currently working on port and polishing the intake and exhaust on my weed eater. ( no.. really )