Went to the open drags last night!!!! [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Went to the open drags last night!!!!

blunttwister
02-03-2001, 03:04 PM
i went to the open drags last night at firebird raceway in phoenix,az.($10 to watch and $15 to race)about 150 cars showed up. there were some beasts their,(alch. ran a 7.5) mainly old mustangs,camaro's,muscle cars(lots of 10-11's. there were also many imports, mainly slow ass civics, a few quick ones,an old turbo sentra(13.1),intrgra(13.6), five lightnings, 8 bikes(one ran a 10 flat) only 3 dsm's. all 2g's. 2 fwd's and a gsx. there were so slow. the gst w/exhaust ran a 15.5 and the two others raced, 15.6 and 15.7. what the hell is wrong with them. i took my buddies 97 maxima and ran a 14.78. i cant wait to get my gst and teach them all a lesson.

one more thing:
lost even more respect for vtec's(thats hard to do), but they are so fucking slow. i saw a dodge ram, stock as could be, beat a civic si with lots of shit, how embarrasing.

if there are any real racers in the phoenix, hell even the arizona area, please come and do some racin. they will be having another open drag feb 9 and 23.

TSISam
02-04-2001, 10:16 AM
14.78 ! thats nice what year and what mods on the Maxima?

That is funny I see a bunch of 2g cars at the track who all run embarrassing times. I think they really just dont know what they are doing is all..

blunttwister
02-04-2001, 01:05 PM
he has a 95 max, just like my 96. he has stillen y-pipe, b-pipe, generic muffler, place racing cold air intake, uprd computer chip, short shifter, sticky nt 555's, redline trans fluid, i hope i didnt leave anything out. thats without pass seat and spare/jack. the car really shines from 50-120+. there was also another max(95-99) which ran a 14.5? didnt get to talk to him but it didnt have a supercharger on it. what kind of times are you getting out of your talon. waiting on info about a 1g into 2g motor swap before i get my eclipse. ya, those other dsm'ers must have no clue how to drive,

once again, if you live in az, please come and race

TSISam
02-04-2001, 04:48 PM
Oh cool. I really like the Maximas.

Well my Talon ran 13.7 before 16g,cams,and ported head. Hopefully I will be takin it to the track in a few weeks but it's right before Spring break and I'd hate to ruin my vacation by breaking something :/