What wire is this? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: What wire is this?

billdo_83
09-26-2002, 06:18 PM
My car came with a car alarm already installed in it. I was driving one day and my foot caught a wire and pulled down a box. On the box it says "Prime AMX8" the box is about a 1/2 foot long and 4 inches across. I am GUESSING that it is for my alarm. THere are 2 big connections of wires on the side of it and on top of here there is one lone white wire just dangling there. I am also guessing that the white wire got pulled out. Ever since i caught my foot on that my alarm horn doesnt work. The locks still unlock and everythign but no flash of my headlights and also no beep of my pretty little alarm horn. What is this white wire for? Is it my problem or am i looking hte wrong place? :confused:

PrimeAi
09-26-2002, 06:37 PM
Your best bet would be to look and see where a wire is missing. If you received a manual for the alarm (you better of, if not shame on you :scholar: ) You can try and download one from the internet and it will have a wiring diagram. If the alarm horn is seperate from the oem horn, see if there is a wire missing from it.

joey_racer
09-26-2002, 06:55 PM
Go to the shop that installed it and see if they can help you out. If it came with the car look it up on the net.

alanseijas
09-27-2002, 07:41 AM
That sounds like it's the alarm brain itself, and the lone wire hanging off of it is the antenna. It does not connect to anything.
As for your siren not working, go under the hood with a test light, and see if the siren is getting power when the alarm is triggered; and make sure it's a got a good ground. If it's not, let us know. If it is, it's a bad siren.

billdo_83
09-28-2002, 09:44 AM
I got my alarm. This should have been the first thing that i checked. When i knocked down teh box i must have also hit the manaul swicth to arm and disarm my alarm. Duh. :rolleyes: Well anywho got it working now.