t-sport rev lite [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: t-sport rev lite

greyforestgst
11-13-2002, 07:16 PM
who here has installed one of these puppies?

the install site directions all conflict and are pretty unclear. they dont even have eclipse, talon, or laser on their install lists, but they have galant 2.0 turbo and lancer 4g63 turbo, both of which tell me to do something different.

anyways, there are three wires: red, green, and blue. red is power, and taps to an accessory line somewhere (if someone knows a good place to tap, chime in please). green is ground. blue senses RPMs, and from what ive read goes to either a wire on the ecu or an ignition coil. this is my main problem, because i dont want to go around tapping in to all this what have you before i know if its right or not.

thanks in advance.

greyforestgst
11-15-2002, 05:22 PM
*bump*

someone can at least answer my first question, its easy :P

CleanGS97
11-15-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by greyforestgst
who here has installed one of these puppies?
not me!
(if someone knows a good place to tap, chime in please).
I do :D I say tap the acc wire to the cigarette lighter. that only comes on when the ACC is turned "on" on the ignition. As for the ground there are LOADS underneath the center console.. just loosen a bolt and GO TO TOWN! (to find the correct power wire on the cig lighter use a multimeter.. there are only 2 (not counting the light bulb) so you have a 50/50 chance of guessing it on the first try)

as for the RPM switch:
Originally posted by ATKChemist
There is also a diagnosis rpm signal connector located on the top of the firewall just to the right of the battery. It branches off the wiring harness. I can't describe it more than that. I found it while reading my Haynes manual.

hope that helps..

-Aaron