Unorthodox Racing Lightened Crank Pulley for 1990-93 Eclipse 1.8L [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Unorthodox Racing Lightened Crank Pulley for 1990-93 Eclipse 1.8L

saturdaynight
11-15-2002, 06:20 AM
I was at http://mvpmotorsports.com and I was looking at what they had for our 4g37's. I ran across this and so I ask, why wouldn't it work on a 94 1.8L? :dunno:

Unorthodox Racing Lightened Crank Pulley for 1990-93 Eclipse 1.8L
ITEM # UR 02091030x
This pulley works on any Eclipse, Talon, or Laser 1.8L made from 1990-1993. The lightened underdrive crank pulley is for street & track use. This unit drives all accessories.

Oops, I meant to post this in the 1.8L forum. Can a mod move this for me?

Thanks

Blackboost
11-15-2002, 09:21 AM
No problem, I will move it for you...

As for the pulley...
I believe there are some 1.8ltr. guys here using one. Like always, my recommendation is to get one that is dampened since a non-dampened one could cause crankshaft bearing failure from what I have read.

saturdaynight
11-15-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Blackboost
No problem, I will move it for you...

As for the pulley...
I believe there are some 1.8ltr. guys here using one. Like always, my recommendation is to get one that is dampened since a non-dampened one could cause crankshaft bearing failure from what I have read.

Thanks for the info! :)

eclipse2nr91
11-17-2002, 12:38 AM
I got my UR pulley straight from UR, I think it's more if you get it from MVP, but I could be wrong. I paid about $60 for mine. And I hear the bolt pattern even for the 2.0 is the same as it is for the 1.8 pulley, I don't see why it wouldn't work for a 94. But definitely look into getting it, if it won't fit, send it back. It is well worth the money though.

saturdaynight
11-17-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by eclipse2nr91
I got my UR pulley straight from UR, I think it's more if you get it from MVP, but I could be wrong. I paid about $60 for mine. And I hear the bolt pattern even for the 2.0 is the same as it is for the 1.8 pulley, I don't see why it wouldn't work for a 94. But definitely look into getting it, if it won't fit, send it back. It is well worth the money though.

$60! Damn that is cheaper than MVP's price! Thanks for the info! :)

eclipse2nr91
11-17-2002, 02:36 PM
No problem at all, glad I could save a fellow 1.8'er a few bucks;)
Here's a link, just incase you don't feel like browsing around their site.

http://www.unorthodoxracing.com/mitsubishi_eclipse.html

2G4G63
11-18-2002, 11:50 PM
The reason why they're so cheap is because I think Unorthodox is (or has) discontinued them. Anyway, I had one on my old car a while back (paid $110 I think). I took it off because it was rubbing against the lower timing belt cover. Also had an oil leak coming from that area, and wasn't sure if the pulley was causing it. It' not dampened, but then again I don't know of any dampened underdrive pulley (let alone another underdrive pulley besides the Unorthodox) out there for the 1.8.

Gains were noticeable, and the car didn't feel like it had 10 horsepower when I had the A/C on.

eclipse2nr91
11-19-2002, 06:32 AM
They are discontinuing them, but who knows when they actually will. They've been on this "sale" for quite some time, they're probably still getting rid of all of them. Oh well, gains are DEFINITELY noticeable, and it makes your engine run a lot smoother, so buy one!;)

ginsu417
11-21-2002, 03:55 PM
What accessory belts did you use after you put yours in? The website says you need shorter belts.

- Kalani

2G4G63
11-21-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by ginsu417
What accessory belts did you use after you put yours in? The website says you need shorter belts.

- Kalani

don't remember. just told the guy at Advance Auto what belts I needed and that I was putting an underdrive pulley on. he looked up the stock size, and then gave me a few that were shorter than that to do a little trial and error with.

eclipse2nr91
11-21-2002, 07:36 PM
I only needed to get one belt, the size was on the instruction sheet, which I can't find at the moment, so I don't know how long it was.

ginsu417
11-26-2002, 10:15 AM
I got mine, and the alternator belt listed in the instructions is for the 2.0, which will work fine. But the AC belt is listed in the instructions as a K series belt, which is a multi-V belt. The 1.8 uses a single-V type for the AC compressor. I guess I need to beg the jackasses at Napa to do some hunting for me - I haven't had much luck with that in the past. I asked for an O2 sensor once, with a different connector than what my car came with, and the guy freaked out and didn't know what to do. Stupid "by-application" crap. If anyone knows which belt this is, or if the stock AC belt works, pls let me know.

- K