Which GSX would you look at? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Which GSX would you look at?

Wanted:SWGSXAWD
11-22-2002, 03:28 AM
I've been looking at GSX's for months now and have narrowed it down to visiting 2 dealerships this weekend...HELP!! I'm looking at 2 cars but both are at seperate places in the complete opposite direction of each other (at least 1hr 1/2 to either place from my house). At one dealership sits a 1998 GSX $10,500 5-speed, green, nice tan leather, cheap tires, rusty brake rotors, squeaky belts and no timing belt cover, looks good inside and out, all stock but, has 107,000 miles on it (already looked at it :) ). At the other dealership sits a 1995 GSX 5-speed, red, passenger side headlight slightly yellowed, also all stock, and 75,000 miles on it (only loked at it on-line). I've got to work until sunday (when I'm off) and will probably only be able to go to one of the two dealerships. Some other info to add: The Credit Union which I have a pre-approved loan from deals with the dealership that has the "95" so hammering something out may be easier (this is the one I'm kinda leaning toward) , while the other dealership is more of a mom and pop run place. Well there's my delima thanks in advance for your help :D !

Jclipse
11-22-2002, 04:53 AM
Depending on the price of the 95, I'd go with that one. 107k on a 98 is a lot, especially if it's still 10,500 bucks. You could always just clean the headlight on the 95, or get some off of a 97-99..or even some projectors for a cheap price. Good luck, hope you like what you get!

WILD BILL
11-22-2002, 05:31 AM
I'ld get the 95 if the price is good. Make sure the timing belt has been replaced and if not get them to replace it as part of the deal.

11-22-2002, 06:19 PM
Forgot to mention that the dealership with the 95 has said that he can beat the $10,500 price of the 98 at the other dealership. I didn't think the newer 97-99 lights would fit on the old 95-96 front. Oh well, thanks for the replies so far!

coligan
11-24-2002, 08:34 PM
Look at the home page of this site for the yellow head light fix, it says it is for 1gs but you could do the same thing to the 2g and yes also make sure the timing belt was done and if not get them to throw it in as part of the deal and make sure they do every thing (acessory belts, water pump, etc.) also tale the car to a mechanic to test for crankwalk. good luck and make sure to post back and let us know how it goes.

Jason

igs
11-25-2002, 01:20 AM
Get the 98 all the way. Front and rear bumpers look better plus it has the spoiler. The miles will add up once you start driving it anyway, don't buy something you'll regret later.

Faded
11-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Have you done the autotrader.com search? Sometimes if your willing to drive 1-200 miles you can get a better deal and it could be worth it in the long run.

11-27-2002, 01:50 AM
Well after nearly buying the salesman a change of underpants:P and day dreaming of more seat time in an AWD we just couldn't come to any agreement on a price for the 95:mad: . I'm not sure, but I don't think the 98 is still around and they wanted a little more for it any way, I think I'll just stay on the look out for a Talon AWD it seems like that would be more in my price range anyway :) and yes, I religiously search auto trader and cars .com web sites.