Lotek guage pillar install... [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Lotek guage pillar install...

vlaar
12-04-2002, 09:44 PM
I have a triple guage lotek pillar pod and carbon fiber autometer boost guage not yet installed in my car. If I've never installed a guage before, would it be that risky so to speak to try it on my own or should I wait till one of the guys around here can help? Should I wait till I put the guage in the pod before I actually put the pod on the A pillar? Thanks guys.

Kevin
Gainesville, FL
'90 Talon TSi FWD

P.S. I got the unpainted black pillar pod. Any advice on what gray color (brand) would match up the best to the a pillar?

RaysTsi
12-04-2002, 10:23 PM
The guage install is so easy my 13yr old sister could do it.

The install for the Lotek pillar requires a punch because you have to drill two holes throudh slanted sheetmetal. It will be a lot easier to do with a good punch to start a hole for your drill bit to bite into.

The hardest part will be routing the vacumm hose for the Boost guage. Route it from the pillar down to the steering wheel boot then out to the engine bay. The rest is cake. Make sure that the hose is not cinched or crushed or you'll get the wrong boost level.

Blackboost
12-05-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by vlaar
Should I wait till I put the guage in the pod before I actually put the pod on the A pillar? Thanks guys.

Yes...;)

Moved to Newbies Forum...

ijsaul
12-05-2002, 12:38 PM
I would not run through the steering boot, it is much cleaner to go through the speedo cable grommet on 1Gs. I used the painted 3-gauge pod for about a year, and I hated it. I have now gone with the Mach V triple gauge center vent holder. I have that almost installed and it looks a lot better. More stealthy and more stock. -Ian