DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

O2 housing??

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  scotthidley 
#1 ·
Hi once again its me my question is what's O2 housing i mean i kinda have an idea of what it is but what does it do??? also what's a good one for a 95 gsx i know there are different sizes i think..maybe im lost thanks alot for all the input

#2 ·
Its probably hidden by your lower heat sheild, so you won't see it directly. I house's your o2 sensor, connects the turbo's exhaust housing to the downpipe. Your stock one is pretty good. If you want to upgrade it, you can simply port it. I bought a 2g one, to do the same thing, here are some pics of the work in progress.

Turbo side:

The smaller hole (odd shape)is where the wastegate opens and blows through, the round hole is where the exhaust runs after spinning the turbo

Downpipe side:

You can just see the wastegate runner merging to the exhaust outlet.

Sorry I don't have an outer pic, but if you go to just about any dsm vendor site that sells exhaust parts, you can find a pic there too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.