DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

hey folks!!

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  autoxr37 
#1 ·
alrighty folks i guess ill be one of the few and the proud here and post some dumb questions. i was referred to DSM by a friend of mine. i recently purchased a 1999 mitsu eclipse RS. lets just say im new to the whole car thing cause if i tell you just how little i know about this stuff...... anyway ive got several questions.

1. why are so many parts needed to keep a turbo from destroying an engine? and what exactly are they?
2. what are some easy and relatively cheap ways to get more horsepower out of my puny 2.0 liter engine?
3. why can a turbo be put on other engines but not mine?
4. if you are feeling bored and wanna impart info. on any car part and how it works or if you just like to type, feel free.

thanks

#2 ·
Go check out the automotive section in www.howstuffworks.com

Then come back and ask any questions that you still have.

#3 ·
check out hahn racecraft for a turbo kit for your RS. i thought about it but it would be MUCH cheaper and better to sell and buy a gst/gsx, however thats easier said than done. finding a turbo around here is pretty hard.

#4 ·
well i kinda meant smaller mods for horsepower. like exhaust, ignition etc. anybody got ideas for stuff like that?

#6 ·
Throw on a cold air intake and an exhaust. Those are your best bets for "cheap" starting mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.