with these mods can i run 17 pounds? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: with these mods can i run 17 pounds?

1GDSMFF
12-16-2002, 09:50 AM
with a walbro 255lph fuel pump and a hollman MBC with the rest being stock and runing 93 octane pump gas can i set the boost to 17 pounds??

Entropy
12-16-2002, 11:32 AM
maybe, maybe not...you need to get a O2 monitor ie Jumptronix, pocketlogger and monitor that. I would reccomend a pocketlogger as you can monitor knock activity and other paramenters. its well worth the $$, you can pick up a m100 for like $35 on half.com and the program is like $125 (been awhile since i bought mine) check it out.

gogotsi
12-17-2002, 01:53 AM
A 1G is perfectly capable of running 17psi, especially when you have a fuel pump. Just make sure that you have a good aftermarket boost guage, to monitor boost levels accurately when setting you're MBC. You'll be just fine. Boost away...

Blackboost
12-17-2002, 07:13 AM
Get an EGT and a boost gauge before going for those 17 psi of boost. Don't ever break the 1650F limit (watch your EGT gauge for that) if you don't want to get another engine.

1. Start with a K&N filter and work your way up.
2. Aftermarket Boost gauge
3. Remove ther BCS restrictor.
4. Port work
5. Upgraded UICP
6. Fuel pump with a rewire and if you get a 255 fuel pump; make sure to get an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator.

1GDSMFF
12-17-2002, 09:43 AM
where can i get an EGT and a fuel pressure regulator for a good price?

AluH20
12-17-2002, 09:59 AM
There's something I've been meaning to ask for a while but I'm embarrassed. Oh well here goes...

What IC pipes could I buy that will allow me to run with the stock sidemount IC and then later just buy the front mount? Are there any pipes that will let me do this? Again, I'm new to the turbo area of cars... so any help would be appreciated.

I'm asking about preferably an upper AND lower IC pipe setup that will fit the stock IC and then allow me to just upgrade by switching to a front mount.

I'm guessing it's not possible and just buy the frontmount kit from the get go right?

AluH20
12-17-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by 1GDSMFF
where can i get an EGT and a fuel pressure regulator for a good price?

roadraceengineering.com

that's where I'd buy mine

gogotsi
12-17-2002, 12:08 PM
You are correct in your assumption that you can not buy piping that will work for both a sidemount and front mount. The routing that the piping has to take is completely different. As far as just going to a front mount right away, that might not necessarily be necessary. You are not going to outflow your stock intercooler for a while. Maybe you should check into some local exhaust shops etc. to see how cheap they can make you some 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 piping, as replacing your stock piping to bigger stuff, can be a nice power gain. Good luck!

Blackboost
12-17-2002, 12:36 PM
For UICP: http://www.miamidsm.addr.com/dbrode.htm

He's the man when it comes to UICP at a very nice price...

Gold–iamond
12-17-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Entropy
maybe, maybe not...you need to get a O2 monitor ie Jumptronix, pocketlogger and monitor that. I would reccomend a pocketlogger as you can monitor knock activity and other paramenters. its well worth the $$, you can pick up a m100 for like $35 on half.com and the program is like $125 (been awhile since i bought mine) check it out.

I have a PocketLogger and Palm m105, how can I analyze the 02 reading, and convert it to A/F ratio, or can't I? I just recently got it and have not used it much because my AWD car isn't running yet, but I used it a few times. What is the difference between "02" and "02" trim? What should my 02 be @ WOT? By the way, my 02 sensor is brand new, and not the universal one. I hope someone can help me with this, so I can make use of this device better.