What can I expect? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: What can I expect?

1sImage
12-25-2002, 12:01 AM
I just got my 99 gs-t eclipse. It's winter time, and I'm using this car as my daily driver.. I haven't got a chance to launch it hard off the line yet. When I do it just spins.
I'm starting to feel, like it wont be any better even when it gets nice out and the roads are clear. What can I expect?

I now it will spin, but will it still pull as its spinning or just roast completley? with no hope of beating anyone off the line?

jsigone
12-25-2002, 12:27 AM
get use to the car spinning in first and part of second. It's natural for ALL GST to spin in first. Anyone can make the car spin the tires, but you have to learn how to control the spin without sitting there in one spot as ur oppoinit has a 2 car lead and you have no momentum to catch up in time. WHen you go to the track, work on the 60ft times, everything else will just fall into place. When I first got my car I was pulling 2.4-2.6 60ft times. Now I have it down to 2.1 on street tires. Still not the best but it's an improvement. Also learn on the stock clutch, it's more forgiving. When you do get a clutch, get a ACT 2100. It works well for FWD cars and feels like stock.

Blackboost
12-25-2002, 05:28 AM
Moved to Newbies Forum...