14B on a 2G [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: 14B on a 2G

Turbo Assassin
12-26-2002, 02:10 PM
Cost effieceny wise:

Buying a used 14B turbo, is there an application kit for a 2G and how much $$$ do you think I would save over buying a new small16G.

With a good amount of tuning I believe there is alot of potential to the 14B right? Will porting and clipping it be a good idea or waste? Thanks.

Sonicfish
12-26-2002, 03:25 PM
You will notice a big improvement over the t25. The downside is you need a install kit to make it fit on the 2g. RRE has a hacker/tweaker for for $200 that works well and is fairly simple swap. The good news is that once your ready for that big16g which you probably arenít right now anyway you wonít need to buy another install kit. If you have the supporting mods I would recommend FPBig28 that bolts right onto the 2g without a kit for about $750 with core. Check out www.forcedperformance.com for more info. If you think about it thatís great price considering a 16g is at least $600 and you still have to have a $200-300 install kit to use it.

Oh porting is always a good idea and is something you could possibly do yourself. I donít know about clipping I donít really like the idea myself but other could tell you different. Then again i was asking the same questions a few months ago so what do I know? Trying doing a SEARCH for it :cool:

Blackboost
12-26-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Turbo Assassin
Cost effieceny wise:

Buying a used 14B turbo, is there an application kit for a 2G and how much $$$ do you think I would save over buying a new small16G.

With a good amount of tuning I believe there is alot of potential to the 14B right? Will porting and clipping it be a good idea or waste? Thanks.

Yes, there's an installation kit for the 14B. You could save quite a few bucks if you custom built some of the parts yourself. There's a lot of potential on the 14B when tuned correctly. Last, it's definetely a good idea to port the 14B but don't clip it...

me612
12-27-2002, 06:06 PM
I did that swap on my gs-t. Here is a pic of it installed using RRE's kit... http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/data/500/3146myTD05Hinlet.jpg

this was the first time i had ever messed with swappin turbos, it took us about 8 hours to take out the t-25, etc... until the moment we started it up. 8 hours might be more than most people, but we were extra careful because we had never done it b4. Anyway it was well worth it. I was gunna keep that 14b on there for a looong time, until this happened...http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/data/500/314614b_slaughtered_4.jpg my lesson learned was MAKE SURE YOUR MBC IS SET RIGHT, we had it all bass ackwards and it was basically letting it boost as high as it wanted. But for the 4 months i had the 14b it worked awesome, i had it set at 15 psi, until the one day we decided to put in a better MBC than the one i already had. And we set it backwards so it boosted as high as it wanted. Then the turbo just busted, Shaft snapped, exh. turbine shattered and is still residing in my stock muffler(if u shake it u can hear the pieces in there). Anyway, It's a great upgrade, especially when u can get the turbo for under 100bux. and then like what they said b4, u will be ready to get a 16g or whatever without any modifications once u get sick of the 14b. Good luck man.

Chypriss
01-03-2003, 04:31 AM
I just finished installing my 14b. I did most of the parts my self only thing i had to buy was a stainless steel oil line and ALOT of PB Blaster. Im only running 8lbs of boost and its runs harder than the t25 did at full boost and it hold all the way til redline. I like the 14b better than the T28 because you can ports it out alot and you can even from what I heard change the compressor to a 20g housing and compressor wheel. So it has alot of potential for a turbo.