Lost FM completely (fuzz) [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Lost FM completely (fuzz)

greyghost
10-22-2000, 02:10 PM
Ok, things keep breaking faster then i can fix them so tell me whats up with this one...
The FM reception used to be fuzz when first starting the car and after a minute or 2 it would jump in and never have another problem the rest of the day. Today I am headed to autozone to pick up more parts when it doesnt pop on. All day back and forth and no fm reception. I HATE AM (unless its a ballgame) so help!! Oh ther last owner said it didnt start till after he put a new computer in it and was to lazy to take it back. He was also pretty wierd so I am taking nothing for granted. 91 GS eclipse.

------------------
The Grey Ghost

MindBlowin03
10-22-2000, 10:01 PM
Not sure. The only thing I could think of is. There is a plug in the back of the reciever that is for the antenna. If it is not plugged in, the radio will not work.

greyghost
10-23-2000, 04:22 AM
Everything is plugged in and the antenna is broken but just the plastic strip to take it up and down. I noticed on the radio itself it said it was computer controlled and with what it has been doing.. Either the radio is goofed or the computer part which controls it is goofed. Also there is a relay on the antenna, what is this for? Think maybe its time to buy a new radio *sighs*

------------------
The Grey Ghost