Will a system rattle things loose in your car? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Will a system rattle things loose in your car?

cpeed
10-24-2000, 04:29 PM
Like nuts bolts ect ect...

Junior
10-24-2000, 05:29 PM
LIke you would not believe, I went through most of the bolts and put a little lock tight on them. It worked out, I had a Camry (spl car) with a pretty decent setup, 2 15w6s 2 250.1s , and more and it rattled all things loose.

90GSTforME
10-24-2000, 06:44 PM
With a purely SPL, big ass system, yes, things like nuts and bolts will rattle loose.
With your average setup ( maybe a 12 or two), The only real looseness and rattles you'll get are plastic panels and so on.
I have an Infinity Perfect 12 (absolutely awesome sub) and after 6 months, no rattle. Over all I'm impressed with the solidness of my car vs the civic i used to drive (it rattled quite a bit more) and a jeep Cheerokee (Now theres a car to worry about rattling things loose... DAMn it was awfull).

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.

Junior
10-24-2000, 07:08 PM
90gst, your absolutely correct, but to be on the safe side doing all the trunk stuff now would help out rather than doing it after the system is already installed. I really cant hurt. As for the dsm Solidness I was very impressed, to see that the DSM did not have "as" much rattles with the same setup.

Redsand187
11-05-2000, 03:55 PM
I have installed as many as 4 Orion HCCA 12's off of 2 hcca 225g4 in a nissian 240 in a 2 camber sealed box and had no problems with any bolts, nuts, screws, ect... rattling out it did however rattle loose a little piece of trim that had those plastic wannabe rivits in them but thats nothing Super Duper Glues couldn't fix.

hardlydangerous
11-09-2000, 02:28 AM
wow you guys are lucky I keep shakin my taillight bulbs apart and my licenec plate,and back up bulbs,I had my rearview mirror come off and my change/coin box thing keeps popin' open

90GSTforME
11-09-2000, 05:15 PM
Hardly dangerous... what on earth do you have in your car?
My perfect12 is enough to shake my whole steering column and make my keys go absolutely spastic in the ignition.
But never have had any problem with tailights or mirror fallin off.
If you can rattle your car enough to do all that then you must be pretty deaf by now.
Then again if your car has a ton of miles I could see things like that happening.

hardlydangerous
11-09-2000, 10:28 PM
well my car has 220,000km on it but it is still in perfect shape,I am currently running 2 10" subs in a custom built Ported box,and a brand new 2150 Prestige amp (600watts).My alpine 6X9's put out more base than my friends 10"JL audio sub in a sealed box. :0) the rest are all alpine as well.my keys to shake and rattle,my wipers tap on the wind shield (the rear one hops) two things I think cause this problem is #1 these cars are to sound/air tight to run a big a$$ ported box.#2 the sub grills are only sitting about an inch away from the platics in the trunk (subs face the rear of the trunk) I found that I blow the rear lights/or shake um loose after a night of cruzin through town for the night with the sterio cranked,if I dont turn it up too much the bulbs will last for months! go figure

[Edited by hardlydangerous on 11-11-2000 at 02:55 AM]

hdswanny
11-12-2000, 08:22 PM
what do you mean you blow your taillights after a night of cruising? like, all your tailights go out or what? do any other lights go out like ur dash lights?

hardlydangerous
11-13-2000, 12:13 PM
NO not all my tail lights blow at once. lately it been my back up bulbs There not black like a blown bulb it but the filement thingy is busted off.HA thats funny you asked about my dash lights,my high beam indicator light when out on me a few nights ago commin back from 7-11, so I cranked up the stereo and after a few minutes it came back on then out again.this morning when I checked it it was workin again.I'm goin to take out the dash lights tonight and put a dab of di-electric grase on them all. Also I added some spungy foam stuff under the carpet in the rear and filled the hallow spaces behind the plastics I'm hopin' that this will cut down some of the vibations :D
I was thinkin' of gettin little stickers made for my mirrors that say "OBJECT ARE MORE STABLE THAN THEY APPEAR" :D

90GSTforME
11-13-2000, 03:36 PM
That would be a really cool sticker HardlyDangerous.
You know whats real cool? listen to one of those made just for bass songs that decends the note from high to REAL low.
At night when the rearview mirror shakes certain notes make all the lights you can see behind you make circles! its cool.
Hey just wanted to let you all know how proud I am of my Perfect12. Set off a car alarm yesterday with a low note.

hardlydangerous
11-15-2000, 05:55 PM
The cars in my mirror do barrel rolls all night anyways,I mosty listen to metal and techno stuff like GRID and remixes,but the wife likes her dance tunes,(veanga boys,auqua blaaaa bla blaaaa bla blaaaaaaaa. rob zombie remix loud nuff' car make the taillights on the cars in front of you do circles to after a while too :D