Pennsylvania DSMers? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Pennsylvania DSMers?

DSMguy3
02-21-2001, 03:48 PM
Anyone from the southeastern part of PA, like around Reading, Lancaster, places around there? That would want to get together...? Just so you know my 92' TSi is bone stock :) But I just got it so I'm planning on modding/upgrading when I get the money. Thanks.

MikeHuml
02-21-2001, 06:23 PM
Check out our mailing list at my web site

Peace

Jeremy-92tsi
02-22-2001, 12:57 PM
I'm from Chambersburg.

loreak
02-22-2001, 02:18 PM
Palmyra, 15 mins from Harrisburg...east of it. I would love to get together with some other ppl and stuff

greenstreak
02-23-2001, 02:31 AM
Phila. area.

Dsmman
02-23-2001, 01:25 PM
10 min outside Philly

RedDevil
02-27-2001, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by MikeHuml
Check out our mailing list at my web site

Peace

Mike, you're in State College right? If so, I think I've talked to you over email awhile ago, Joe.

MikeHuml
02-27-2001, 07:56 PM
Actually, I live in Indiana Pa. My bro lives in Tyrone, not to far from State College. Some of us met out in front of Beaver Stadium last year, were you there?

Where are you from?

RedDevil
02-27-2001, 08:20 PM
Actually, I live in Indiana Pa. My bro lives in Tyrone, not to far from State College. Some of us met out in front of Beaver Stadium last year, were you there?

Where are you from?

I go to PSU Main campus but live outside Philly. I heard about that meet last year but at the time I didn't have my car at school so I didn't go. Are there going to be anymore meets at Beaver Stadium? I'd like to go to a meet before I graduate in May.

MikeHuml
02-28-2001, 07:01 AM
Make sure you join our mailing list if you can. There are a few pa dsmr's already at PSU main campus, two or three that I know of. I grew up in N/E Phila. If you get on the mailing list, post a message about meeting somewhere in SC and I am sure some people will respond! I know I would come!

greenstreak
03-01-2001, 03:51 AM
RedDevil: If you put together a meeting you better do it at the dealership. ;) That or walk to Beaver Stadium.;)

RedDevil
03-01-2001, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by greenstreak
RedDevil: If you put together a meeting you better do it at the dealership. ;) That or walk to Beaver Stadium.;)

Quite you!! http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/s/tweetz/moon.gif

[Edited by RedDevil on 03-01-2001 at 01:03 PM]

MikeHuml
03-01-2001, 02:20 PM
Am I missing something here? I bet it's funny whatever it is!

secretninja
03-01-2001, 03:17 PM
Yo Mike whats up Dude?
I'm from Pittsburgh if anybodys from Pittsburgh? I looking to hang out with some DSM guys or girls this summer. I'm going to sale my 1.8 DSM. So, I might not be crusin' in a DSM this summer. Might be rollin' in a big bad chevy celebity. O' No!

Later,
Dan
PA-DSM

RedDevil
03-02-2001, 10:48 AM
Am I missing something here? I bet it's funny whatever it is!

Mike, greenstreak and I are friends and he's just busting on me because my car has been at a local Chrysler dealer for 3 months because of all the problems I'm having with it. I think I'm going to set some kind of record for the longest stay at a dealer :(

MikeHuml
03-02-2001, 12:28 PM
Thats erally not a good record to have! Is there anything anyone on the padsm list can do to help, or are we talking major problems?

Peace

RedDevil
03-02-2001, 12:35 PM
Thats erally not a good record to have! Is there anything anyone on the padsm list can do to help, or are we talking major problems?

Peace

Well it started out as getting my carrier bearings replaced because I was having a vibration from the rear and escalated to a replaced transfer case (under recall luckily) and now a new rear diff. I had no idea it would take as long as it has. If I had the resources, I'd be doing the work myself since the dealer is taking forever. This just goes to show you that if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself.

MikeHuml
03-02-2001, 12:49 PM
Devil,

Yea, stuff like that my bro and I do ourselves. It is usually quicker than going to a dealer! If you need help in the future, we will help for next to nothing if it is something we can do. We have all the power tools and we each have a garage at our house. Let us know in the future if we can be of any help! I hope you get your car back!

RedDevil
03-02-2001, 12:58 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the offer, I'll definetely keep that in mind if anything happens again. At this point I don't know what else could possibly break on my car that has already been replaced ;) But with my luck, who knows....

MikeHuml
03-02-2001, 01:47 PM
Any of you guys want to go to e town next Sat? We will be leaving Fri night and getting a hotel room in NJ somewhere. We will be filled up as far as space in the car though. so if you want to go, you would have to drive unless someone in my group drops out

greenstreak
03-03-2001, 03:17 AM
I will be there with RedDevil, as long as he gets home for some spring break. Mike, send me an email and we will try to meet up at the track. If you don't have my email just click on the members and then look for the #1 poster here--yeah baby!

RedDevil
03-03-2001, 09:26 AM
If you don't have my email just click on the members and then look for the #1 poster here--yeah baby!

This is what I have to say about your #1 post status!http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/s/tweetz/moon.gifhttp://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/s/tweetz/moon.gifhttp://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/s/tweetz/moon.gifhttp://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/s/tweetz/moon.gif

97TSiAWD
06-01-2001, 11:20 PM
I'm from Ephrata, PA here. About 15min north of Lancaster. AKA amishville. :)

Jon

91laserrs
06-02-2001, 01:11 PM
Ephrata? No sh*t?! im from lititz. we are way more amish then you :). i gots a 91 Laser RS just 2 weeks ago and im gonna be throwing a JDM Cyclone 4G63 engine in it with a big 16g turbo, intercooler, and the works. im getting my work done at speed addiction in lancaster before the summer is out. well, im babblin, ignore the last sentence

--mike

im only 10 min n of Lancaster, right on route 501 (Lititz Pike)

Otis
06-03-2001, 09:18 AM
Whats Up PA DSMers? I'm from the boring little town of Nazareth.(hey, we got a race track ha ha!)bout 15 mins from Allentown. we should all find a place to met at and take over like half a wal mart parking lot then drive all over in a line that would be sweet. oh well just my thoughts

harry99GSX
06-03-2001, 10:11 PM
I live right outside of the Allentown/Bethlehem area.

GSXtreme
06-04-2001, 09:33 AM
I work ibn Bethelehem at B. Braun Medical. Im sure ive seen some of you DSM's around.

Jim

97TSiAWD
06-04-2001, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by 91laserrs
Ephrata? No sh*t?! im from lititz. we are way more amish then you :). i gots a 91 Laser RS just 2 weeks ago and im gonna be throwing a JDM Cyclone 4G63 engine in it with a big 16g turbo, intercooler, and the works. im getting my work done at speed addiction in lancaster before the summer is out. well, im babblin, ignore the last sentence

--mike

im only 10 min n of Lancaster, right on route 501 (Lititz Pike)
Wow, good to know there are some DSMers around here. All I see are modded Volkswagens and, of course, Ephrata's fair share of Honduhs.

I didn't think you could get "more Amish" than Ephrata. :D

Jon

harry99GSX
06-04-2001, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by GSXtreme
I work ibn Bethelehem at B. Braun Medical. Im sure ive seen some of you DSM's around.

Jim Yeah I pass that place every time I go to Lehigh Valley mall. You can see it right from 378.

GSXtreme
06-04-2001, 10:25 PM
Yup, most of the time i park right along the fence cuz im always late for work, (benefits of being a consultant) just give a honk if you ever pass by during the day.

http://www.psiproformance.com/images/dsmofmonth.jpg

Jim McKeone

harry99GSX
06-05-2001, 09:08 PM
Yup, most of the time i park right along the fence cuz im always late for work, (benefits of being a consultant) just give a honk if you ever pass by during the day.

http://www.psiproformance.com/images/dsmofmonth.jpg

Jim McKeone Dont worry I'll lay on the horn !! Just look for a white 99 GSX zipping bye ! :)

Devicex
06-29-2001, 12:27 AM
Born and raised in State College.

Lipster
07-03-2001, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by 91laserrs
Ephrata? No sh*t?! im from lititz. we are way more amish then you

NO SH*T?!?! I'm IN Lititz!! :) In between the Kissel Hill elementary school and the public Library.

How is speedaddiction for work?? I had my cyclone put in at Denko in York.

Boosted91
07-05-2001, 01:18 AM
Hey Im just outside of Reading.

I would love to get a bunch of people together. Seriously someone start organizing something!

91TSiGuy
02-01-2002, 12:17 AM
Otis, harry99gsx and gsxtreme : Hey guys, I'm from your area too! well sort of......live a little north in Bangor (Bangor? I don't even know her! yup.....thats my town on wzzo gettin made fun of) Anyway, I knew there were more DSM's near my area. I made a website so you guys can submit your cars and mods and shit. Maybe this summer we can all meet up sometime down at LV Mall up The Crossings in Easton. Right now I'm stuck at good ol' PSU in State College.
Well, hope to hear from ya. feel free to e-mail me if you want.
-Brent

greenstreak
02-02-2002, 08:32 PM
I will organize another Pa meeting this spring probably. The last one went quite well with a good turnout.

larryd
02-03-2002, 01:17 AM
geez.. i gotta wait till spring cuz of the stupid snow last time :(

stangabishi
02-04-2002, 02:20 PM
PITTSBURGH.., definitely in for some PA meets. i already spoke to some of you guys (greenstreak, mike) hope to hear from you guys soon & better yet, meeting YINZ. (like the pittsburgheeze) LOL

greenstreak
02-04-2002, 05:31 PM
I am thinking of organizing a meeting for a track day. It would be posted atleast 2 months in advance so I can see if the turnout will be worth while. Keep your eyes open for an announcement. We are probably looking at meeting in mid May.

larryd
02-04-2002, 11:58 PM
you guys ever think about heading down to Cecil County Raceway in MD?? its a good track, thats where I go..

91TSiGuy
02-05-2002, 02:28 AM
The closest track for me is Island Dragway (or speedway?) near Hacketstown about 40min. The next closest is Etown ~2 hours. Never been to either to drag yet though.

jfa_16
02-05-2002, 03:53 PM
pittsburgh here, definately up for a meet. i missed pa meet last year because my car was out of comission! who would think that a dsm would ever be outta comission??? i organized a pittsburgh meet and got a decent turnout last year. if anyone's interested, i'll see about planning another one for this year.

damnslowtalon
02-07-2002, 08:34 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by harry99GSX
Yeah I pass that place every time I go to Lehigh Valley mall. You can see it right from 378. [/QUOTE

Be on the lookout for my POS Talon with a primered bumper and fender and a maroon hood floating around the lehigh valley. I work @ Daniels BMW, and I'm always out and about after work, especially up by the mall/rt. 22 area.

-jim

Lasersharp65
02-08-2002, 10:03 PM
that'd be cool to check out ur guys' cars since mine aint worthy of no show lol , a sound off tho, i'm sure i could easily place, but as for show or race :o

TheCrush
02-10-2002, 07:47 AM
home = allentown

school = philly

too bad I don't own a DSM... :(

I will by the beginning of summer though

Shannan
02-14-2002, 12:06 PM
Harrisburg...(Mechanicsburg actually) about 30 minutes north of York.

MindBlowin03
02-25-2002, 07:13 PM
Im definately in for another PA meeting. Im from Scranton area. I also have 2 other DSMers that will go with me this year. If it was in the Allentown area I can definately go, but not too far.

Marks_DSM
02-28-2002, 03:46 PM
I'm from the Wilkes-Barre Area and looking forward to going to a PA meet. Not sure where everyone is from, but there is a track in NEPA. Numediaraceway. http://www.numidiaraceway.com/ just in case anyone was interested. Thanks

2low4fathoes
02-28-2002, 08:45 PM
i live just south of york... would be cool to hang out with some dsm'ers.... i go to cecil county almost every friday when its warm out....

MindBlowin03
03-07-2002, 08:43 PM
Whats goin on with the PA meet? I would like to do something in early to mid May if possible? Anyone else up for it?

damnslowtalon
03-08-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by mindblowin03
Whats goin on with the PA meet? I would like to do something in early to mid May if possible? Anyone else up for it?

Count me in, as long as it's on a weekend and I don't have to drive more than a couple hours, but definitely.....It seems like the weather's getting nicer around here and my car should be all done getting painted soon....I'll finally have something to show off.....:D

Lasersharp65
03-08-2002, 02:57 PM
my car aint nothin compared to u guy's, but it would be cool to go. Hope its close, like less than 100 miles away....

MindBlowin03
03-08-2002, 07:23 PM
Well, I know Greenstreak is good at doin this. I think we should try an early-mid May, and on a weekend of course. I would say around the Allentown area. Im prolly the furthest north out of everyone. Im in Scranton. I also have about 2-3 guys with me.

91TSiGuy
03-08-2002, 08:23 PM
DSM meet........Allentown area..........mid May...... sounds excellent. I'm there.

larryd
03-10-2002, 02:06 AM
sounds good to me.. any reason the allentown area was chosen? thats a good 2.5 hours from me :)

damnslowtalon
03-11-2002, 02:48 PM
I'd be willing to drive an hour to an hour and a half anywhere around me - doesn't matter....that includes Allentown, Philly, Reading, etc.

olsookie
03-11-2002, 04:25 PM
Levittown, PA

98 GSX
B&M Short Shifter, Grex Shift Knob, Apex-i Dunk Cat-Back, Dejon Tools Intake and Intercooler Piping, Air Filter, HKS SSQV BOV w/ return kit, Tokikco Illumina Adjustable Handling Package, Strut Tower Bars, Valve Cover Breather, Manual Boost Controller, Kenwood Head Unit

Mods being shipped to my house as we speak!
Turbonetics Big28, 3" downpipe, fuel pump

Mods I will have by months end
(HOPEFULLY, money is killing us ALL)

ACT 2600 Clutch or HDSB Clutch Masters and S-AFC w/ 550cc injectors.

Anyone that has some recommendations for me, please let me know! I'm up for all idea's!

MindBlowin03
03-11-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by larryd
sounds good to me.. any reason the allentown area was chosen? thats a good 2.5 hours from me :)
Allentown seems to be in the middle of everything. Im furthest north of anyone. Im about 1.5 hours north of Allentown. Philly DSMers are about 1-1.5 hours away also. Allentown is also good for NJ DSMers also. Its up to you guys. You guys give some suggstions... Where else could it be?

Jay@WORLD
03-11-2002, 10:29 PM
What's up guys! This may be my first post on this board.... I work with WORLD Racing and we are based out of Reading. I am definitely down for a meet in Allentown some time, or why not at a Maple Grove race, We will be racing at the May 11-12th race there everyone should come check it out.
Later Guys...

P.S. Larryd, I knew you were sucked in to the world of DSM......lol

larryd
03-12-2002, 02:53 AM
haha Jay.. following me around everywhere now huh :)

Mitsu_Racing
03-12-2002, 10:58 AM
Damn, Allentown, Thats a hike from were i'm at. I'm with Larryd i think some of us closer to Cecil County Md should meet at the track and race eachother :D I know i would love to race a bunch of other eclipses and talon even though i 'll get bet by most.

greenstreak
03-12-2002, 05:15 PM
I threw a little something together last year in the Allentown area and it came out pretty good. We all had a good time and a good turnout. I am going to start a post soon about another meet and I will decide on a location after I determine a central point for the majority of the people interested. Last time that ended up being in Philipsburg Nj, right near Easton. Here are a few pics of the last one.

greenstreak
03-12-2002, 05:16 PM
another

greenstreak
03-12-2002, 05:18 PM
another

MikeHuml
03-12-2002, 05:30 PM
It has been a long time since I posted here! If no one has been following for a while ( like me ) I would like to get an official meeting for Padsm sometime in May-June. I would like to have it somewhere in Central Pa, so its central to everyone.

I would like to have it somewhere like Lake Raystown, so everyone can com up for a weekend. MAybe camp, rent some cabins, boating, showing off the cars. etc. Is anyone up for a big get together such as this???

MY car is back together again, cannot wait to see some of you guys at the track this year!

If anyone is from the Indiana, Pa area, drop me a line! Sign up for padsm mailing list at the link on my website.

New website and stuff coming soon!

Lasersharp65
03-12-2002, 05:44 PM
nice pics, too many dam 2g's :p yeh may-june sounds cool, i'll have some more mods done by then ;)

TsiBaron
03-12-2002, 08:13 PM
Yup I'm from Allentown............but NOPE won't go to any gatherings. reason #1.....I'm 34 years old and I wanna start shooting people if I hear rap music or white kids talking Ebonics. In fact is annoys the crap out of my black friends too........ROFL..........this old timer won't fit in with you kids though I have some cool stories. 50+ performance cars, 20+ turbo cars and an 8 second BB Duster "money car" that I used to terrorize NYC and Philly with about 10 years ago. Fun,fun.

Reason #2- my DSM is my daily driver........its kinda rough looking....plus I just found out my motor is shot. You don't want all my oil smoke fouling up your meeting do ya??

And oh if you really want a cool place to meet all you guys haul your butts down to Maple Grove on a friday night for street race night- go there and show the Honda guys up.

(tongue slightly in cheek here don't be offended!!)

MikeHuml
03-12-2002, 08:53 PM
God, you are old, to think a 34 year old would enjoy cars..... GEEZ, glad I am only 28. You could be like,,,, my grandpa!

Thats why Raystown is a good site for gatherings, us OLD people can afford to rent Condo's and be AWAY from the young rap listening crowd......

GEEZZZ

LOL

Lasersharp65
03-12-2002, 11:48 PM
:cool: hes too old, i'm too young....were both SOL. I cant afford the mods you guys can :mad:

larryd
03-13-2002, 01:31 AM
well.. ill be there :) just tell me when.. i fall into the right age group at 24 :)

MikeHuml
03-13-2002, 07:53 AM
larryd

That is probably the nicest looking 2nd gen I have ever seen, IMO of course. I love the color.

From my estimation, there would be about 10-15 dsm guys from just out the Pittsburgh way that would go to an overnight gathering. We could either stay at the esort, or do a little camping, either way, does not matter to me. We should firm up a weekend here soon however. I know there is a race somewhere near the end of May, Maple Grove I think, so that would obviusly be a bad weekend.

Any dates that would be good maybe the 1st or 2nd weekend of June?

It would be the 1st official padsm get together!

damnslowtalon
03-13-2002, 08:21 AM
I think NOPI Nationals are at Maple Grove sometime in May and if I'm not mistaken (I probably am, but) there is something else at E-town on a weekend in May.....correct me if I'm wrong??:)

thevidon
03-13-2002, 09:36 AM
Count me in guys as long as its within 1.5 hours of philly.....:)

jloverde
03-13-2002, 02:20 PM
Hey I went to school in Allentown? Does that qualify me for the meet? :D Campin sounds cool...

HighPsiAWD
03-13-2002, 02:54 PM
Erik, if you're getting something together, make sure you let PhillyDSM know. :)

larryd
03-14-2002, 12:49 AM
larryd

That is probably the nicest looking 2nd gen I have ever seen, IMO of course. I love the color.

stangabishi
03-14-2002, 02:41 AM
i second mike's statement. man, nice ass 2g! always wanted to tell you that, just never got around to it!

RedDevil
03-14-2002, 11:34 AM
Can't a 1g get any love?? :D

MikeHuml
03-14-2002, 05:19 PM
Here is your love..... you got a nice lookin ride too! I bet I have the ugliest fast 1g dsm out of anyone on the list!

11.49 @ 121.7 last year.... more mods this year, hopefully not slower :);)

stangabishi
03-14-2002, 09:40 PM
yeah man, i like 2g's, but i LOVE 1g's. your car is pretty good looking too. i rode in mike's talon tonight after his brother & him helped me out with installation of my new act 2600 & afc. HOLY SHIT. mike's car<< that thing is a beast. i give mike & his brother all the credit. that thing has a lot of work, time & dedication. not to mention it kind of scared the shit out of me from 2nd-3rd. LOL
p.s. thanks again mike for the help! you guys are the men! Make mine do that...hehe

larryd
03-14-2002, 11:19 PM
thanks guys.. and RedDevil your car is hot too :)

Lasersharp65
03-14-2002, 11:28 PM
Yes RedDevil your car is slammin too!

Mitsu_Racing
03-14-2002, 11:41 PM
Larryd, i read in another post that you said your down at cecil every friday. Where you there last friday, i was, did you see me. Are you going tomorrow. Peace.

larryd
03-14-2002, 11:56 PM
haha.. every friday except last Friday :).. we were doing my fuel pump and it took alot longer then expected but yes I plan on being there tomorrow assuming nothing else goes wrong..

talonfor_dan
03-17-2002, 11:56 AM
Well.... You can count me In.... I am basically in the middle of everywhere everyone wants to meet... good old Quakertown.....** ahem, cough... ** yea... Hey Greenstreak.... maby we can get the Zubackmobile out on this one ;)
-Dan-

MikeHuml
03-17-2002, 05:09 PM
No problem on helping out with the clutch install, glad all is well with it. I cannot wait for the track to open out here so we can get the cars to the track.

Let me know when you might want to head out this way this week so we can tune in your afc and datalog a bot.

Glad you liked the quick ride in the car :) I call it my putter. :eek:

danl
03-17-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by stangabishi
yeah man, i like 2g's, but i LOVE 1g's. your car is pretty good looking too. i rode in mike's talon tonight after his brother & him helped me out with installation of my new act 2600 & afc. HOLY SHIT. mike's car<< that thing is a beast. i give mike & his brother all the credit. that thing has a lot of work, time & dedication. not to mention it kind of scared the shit out of me from 2nd-3rd. LOL
p.s. thanks again mike for the help! you guys are the men! Make mine do that...hehe

What scares you more? The car going sideways on the 2-3 shift or not being able to get the 5 point saftey harness fastened by the time its ready to do a WOT pull. I'm kinda glad I got my logger, because it gave me some seat time in mikes talon after the new motor :P NOw he has his own logger, so he won't need me anymore :confused:

Mike, your car might be as you call it "ugly" but beauty is only skin deep muhahahahaha.

larryd
03-17-2002, 08:24 PM
hey Mitsu_Racing nice meeting ya at the track.. so who were the 2 girls u had with ya :)

stangabishi
03-17-2002, 10:02 PM
yeah mike i will email you or call ya tomorrow & let you know what is up with this week. talk to you soon

danl, i think it was going sideways, or my eyes being sucked to the back of my skull. LOL either way, bad ass car guys!!!

there is NOTHING ugly about a car that fast. except how ugly it beats most cars on the road!

see ya this week mike! LATA:D

MikeHuml
03-18-2002, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the compliments on the car, and I hope it goes as fast at the track as it seems to on the street!!!! Once the damn track out here opens up, we can go get a few runs in!

Danl, you can still help me datalog, we can just use my logger now!!!

Stangabishi, did you sell that Mustang yet???? Geezzz.... My bro and I should be here Wed, Thurs, working on our car. We are taking the tranny out etc. Maybe you could come out one of those eves and we will data log the car ?

Talk to you guys soon!!

PS, it is ugly..... but hopefully not for long!

Mitsu_Racing
03-18-2002, 05:53 PM
hey Mitsu_Racing nice meeting ya at the track.. so who were the 2 girls u had with ya :)

Same here, i was hoping to see you run on friday but i didn't.What times did you run i can't seem to get lower than a 15.3 but this was only my 2nd time at the track. They were 2 girls that my friend took up, then decided i was funner to hang with. :D.

98EclipseGS
03-18-2002, 09:18 PM
i live in Hatboro, PA, about 10 mins from philly. yeah im willing to get together for a cruise or something. my car is all stock. no mods. trying to pay off the loan, not really worried about hooking the car up till the loan is paid off.

98EclipseGS
03-18-2002, 09:24 PM
Does anyone go to Atco or Maple Grove Raceway???? If so tell me. we could meet up at the track one day.

larryd
03-19-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu_Racing

Same here, i was hoping to see you run on friday but i didn't.What times did you run i can't seem to get lower than a 15.3 but this was only my 2nd time at the track. They were 2 girls that my friend took up, then decided i was funner to hang with. :D.

i turned a 14.1 @ 103.92 on my 1st pass that night.. left after the 2nd pass cuz it was sooo mobbed.. those girls were cute :)

2low4fathoes
03-19-2002, 12:43 AM
woohoo.. 14.1... competition at cecil :D hopefully ill catch you guys there one night

larryd
03-19-2002, 01:01 AM
yeah but thats far from stock.... not that you are either.. but im hoping for mid 13s this week and then ill work my way down :)

2low4fathoes
03-19-2002, 01:06 AM
yeah.. my 14.1 was on stock exhaust before my turbo back apexi and on stock supsension.. wheel hop out the ass.... should be alot smoother next time....

larryd
03-19-2002, 01:27 AM
why do you still haev the T25??

2low4fathoes
03-19-2002, 01:30 AM
cause i cant decide if i want to sell the damn car and buy a vr-4 or keep it.. and i dont want to spend all the money to put a turbo on if im just going to sell it... so my other option would be to find a used turbo i guess that way i get both....

larryd
03-19-2002, 01:41 AM
makes sense.. but your not allowed to come to the track and beat me with your T25..that would just be too embarrassing :)

2low4fathoes
03-19-2002, 01:43 AM
well i dont plan on beating you... just on having fun... know anyone with a turbo for sale around here? you have the fp big t28 dont you?

91TSiGuy
03-19-2002, 02:02 AM
Just curious, but does anyone plan to go to Island Dragway, NJ, Friday April 5th for the free night of racing? $7 pit pass is the only cost. I plan to go, weather permitting.

First time at any kind of drag strip. I'm know my car should run 12s, but w/o the experience that could be a different story. ;)

larryd
03-19-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by 2low4fathoes
well i dont plan on beating you... just on having fun... know anyone with a turbo for sale around here? you have the fp big t28 dont you?

nope.. dont know anyone selling one.. i have the big 28 :)

Mitsu_Racing
03-19-2002, 12:58 PM

i turned a 14.1 @ 103.92 on my 1st pass that night.. left after the 2nd pass cuz it was sooo mobbed.. those girls were cute :)

Yeah they were cute, but i got a girl and i usually go to the track with her so if you ever see me with her don't mention the girls. ;)

larryd
03-20-2002, 01:27 AM
awe..well you can bring em back and send em my way :)

whitetalonB16G
03-20-2002, 08:28 AM
Hey guys i am from the Hazleton area, we have about 8-10 guys here with modded DSM's, but most are off the list and not posting.I attended the PA meet at PSU about a year ago, for the few of us there it was a good time. I would be intersted in joining a meet someday at a track or something with more people. Instead of going with the Mustang and Camaro boys to the track (no real fast cars around this area, competion is easy) I think it would be a great site to show up at a small track here in PA and blow the minds off the V8's and show them what our DSM's can do. :P it would make a good photoalbum also. :D

cya's soon i will be checking periodically on the status of a meet locally.

DSMmania
03-20-2002, 09:15 AM
Hey all, I'm surprised I hadn't seen this thread. I'm in Hershey PA. I was at the NJ meet (Yes, my car is in those pics, and it's a red 1G :) so it wasn't all 2G's). I'm game for a meeting pretty much anywhere, but NJ is too far away for the pittsburg guys. Even Allentown is a stretch for them. It's not really central to PA, but from one side of NJ to the other of PA, maybe. We've got an all DSM track day scheduled for April 27th 2002 at 3pm-7pm. $30/car to run. Just us, rented the track out. Anyone is welcome if it's a DSM. I say June is a better month, simply because it seems all the shows in PA are in May. Carlisle, Import War mainly, and that's 2 weekends out of May already. Just my thought. Allentown/pottstown is fine w/ me, but I don't know that the pittsburg guys want to drive that far. I wouldn't drive to NJ again...long ass trip for some smelly bathrooms. :) Was a great meeting, just not a great meeting spot. Let me know how we can help (SPA/HERSHEY DSM) We've got probably 25 people that will show up...

Curt

DSMmania
03-20-2002, 09:20 AM
Oh...hey...I forgot. :) Last year I organized a meeting/picnic for our SPA-Hershey Group, and we had 27 cars show up. It's in Lebanon PA (South of Harrisburg...towards Lancaster / Eprhata area) It was in a great park, and we can rent pavillions, had a HUGE parking lot, at least 100 cars would fit and there are other spots to park as well, has a HUGE pool w/ changing rooms, basketball courts, tennis courts etc etc. and it's in a really nice area. It was like $25 to rent the pavillion for the day. GreenStreak, please email (DSMmania@dsmtalk.com) me if you feel interested at all. Directions are simple.

Curt

RedDevil
03-20-2002, 09:29 AM
I'm up for another meet soon. Hopefully this time I can have my car there and not have to bum a ride from someone else ;).

MikeHuml
03-20-2002, 09:41 AM
Hey Curt,

My bro is trying to get off from NG drill that day so we can bring the car to the track day to get it dialed in. If he cannot get off drill, I will most likely be there, but minus my dsm :(

I will keep you updated, time to go put the tranny back in the car.

Mike

whitetalonB16G
03-20-2002, 09:48 AM
Hey just wondering what track and where, if its close i am game just as long as i get more than 3 runs unlike the dam 45 bux i paid at Englishtown Spring nationals and couldn't run alot since it was so packed ughh..

:mad:

danl
03-20-2002, 10:08 AM
Hey Curt,

My bro is trying to get off from NG drill that day so we can bring the car to the track day to get it dialed in. If he cannot get off drill, I will most likely be there, but minus my dsm :(

I will keep you updated, time to go put the tranny back in the car.

Mike

Mike is this the track day you were speaking of at beaver? Mike K won't be able to make it in his talon as the engine is being rebuilt etc... (he's slow). The eclipse will make it though, with a ported O2 housing added to my list :)

DSMmania
03-20-2002, 01:36 PM
The track day is at Beaver Springs Dragway April 27th. Mike, we're planning on you being there, so don't fuck it up :) J/k LOL. The site is www.beaversprings.com to find out where it's at. It's probably an hour and a half from Harrisburg.

Curt

Lasersharp65
03-20-2002, 05:32 PM
ahh beaver springs, i used to go there when my dad raced 4-wheelers there. Cant remember how long it takes to get there from my place, but i am doing some work on my car, but i bet it will still be slow by then.

MikeHuml
03-21-2002, 07:43 AM
Dammit, I am trying to be able to make it! Believe me, I want to be there. I am going to need some seroius tuning!

If its not faster than last year, its getting driven off a cliff...... ( no I will not be in it ) I just would want to watch.....

Honestly, my brother says he should be able to make it, so we will most likeley be there!

Mike

;)

Mitsu_Racing
03-21-2002, 10:13 AM
Damn, Beaver Springs is 3 1/2 hours away from me. My ass aint gonna be there. Peace.

MikeHuml
03-21-2002, 10:49 AM
Its three hours from me too, so you are obligated to go :)

larryd
03-21-2002, 08:40 PM
good lord that is a LONG ride to go to the track :)

Mitsu_Racing
03-21-2002, 10:15 PM
I went to the beversprings website and it looks like a really nice track but 3 1/2 miles is to much milage for my baby. We need to get a meeting spot for cecil or atco then i could make it but by the time i get to Bever Spring track i'll be so damn tired i won't be able to race. :D

larryd
03-21-2002, 10:47 PM
u going to Cecil tomorrow night?? Ill be there

Lasersharp65
03-21-2002, 10:54 PM
3 1/2 miles is too much miles for my baby?!?! daym what do you do when u need groceries :D

Mitsu_Racing
03-21-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Lasersharp65
3 1/2 miles is too much miles for my baby?!?! daym what do you do when u need groceries :D

I walk. :D LOL. Sike i take my beater my 81 Toyota Corolla.

Larryd man i can't go to the track tomorrow, last friday i caught strep throght i i still feel sike. Damn those 2 girls. :D i'll be there next weekend thought. Hope to see you there. I didn't know you had a FPT28 i'm thinking about a bigger turbo and that is one of my choises. Peace.

larryd
03-21-2002, 11:14 PM
yup yup.. see ya next week then.. just make sure you bring the cuties back with ya :)

danl
03-22-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by DSMmania
Hey all, I'm surprised I hadn't seen this thread. I'm in Hershey PA. I was at the NJ meet (Yes, my car is in those pics, and it's a red 1G :) so it wasn't all 2G's). I'm game for a meeting pretty much anywhere, but NJ is too far away for the pittsburg guys. Even Allentown is a stretch for them. It's not really central to PA, but from one side of NJ to the other of PA, maybe. We've got an all DSM track day scheduled for April 27th 2002 at 3pm-7pm. $30/car to run. Just us, rented the track out. Anyone is welcome if it's a DSM. I say June is a better month, simply because it seems all the shows in PA are in May. Carlisle, Import War mainly, and that's 2 weekends out of May already. Just my thought. Allentown/pottstown is fine w/ me, but I don't know that the pittsburg guys want to drive that far. I wouldn't drive to NJ again...long ass trip for some smelly bathrooms. :) Was a great meeting, just not a great meeting spot. Let me know how we can help (SPA/HERSHEY DSM) We've got probably 25 people that will show up...

Curt

Hey curt, can I just show up, or should I make arrangements? I'd like to go to the track with some guys who've been their before. I've never been their, and I would like to take this opportunity for some dsm'ers to show me the ropes :D

dsm1gen
03-22-2002, 10:10 PM
wassup PA dsm'ers! I am moving to Allentown in June and i am glad to see that there are a bunch of people on dsmtalk from around there. I have never been to PA but i have to go there for four months. I graduate from school here in Texas in may then i start another school in allentown in the middle of june. Hopefully i will get to meet some of you guys around there. Just one question though-how is the street racing around allentown?
cause the racing down here in houston is awesome.

Joe95GST
03-26-2002, 09:08 PM
Hey i live in MT. Carmel PA close to Hazleton really close and there is nobody with DSMs around me, well there are a few but they dont know what the hell a DSM is anyway so i would like to meet up with you guys some day just e-mail me with some meets or just post it up here i'll be glad to meet anywhere.

joeyjeep@ptd.net

Lasersharp65
03-26-2002, 09:29 PM
I'm heading to a party in minersville in april...close to mt carmel. prolly the only other dsm in the area :P

2low4fathoes
03-27-2002, 12:18 AM
anyone going to cecil on fri. the 29th?

larryd
03-27-2002, 01:47 AM
yeah Ill be there but I wont be running my car.. infact I dont even know if Im bringing my car or not.. Ill prolly be with my friend in his MR2..

whitetalonB16G
03-27-2002, 03:20 AM
JOE & LASERSHARP... you tell me you guys never cruised broad street in Hazleton.. Dude if you haven't you gotta be there ! We made an impression for DSM's LOL ! :) no one wants to race us we have like 5 VERY VERY fast DSM's cruising and like to whip the Rustangs and other hopped up v8's. As far as minersville is concerned. JEEZE thats a hop, skip and jump for me.. Anyone around these area's with a datalogger so i can tune my AFC.. If not, Hey Mike Huml.. mind if i take a trip around your area so you can tune my car in ?? I just can't get it !!

Adam

Lasersharp65
03-27-2002, 05:47 AM
yo whitetalon, seriously when it gets warmer i'll make a deal with ya, I'll come to Hazleton, if you come to Williamsport, i mean the cops are there but u can at least get a few races in. i cant take this one 2g gsx, so maybe u can beat it for me :o

MikeHuml
03-27-2002, 09:58 AM
You can make a trip out my way any time you want!!!! I would be glad to help you out, but I bet there are a few guys close to you with a datalogger. Once it gets warmer out, maybe me and my bro will venture out that way to hang with you guys if someone can put us up for the night!

Got a new dsm in the family yesterday, my bro ( and the driver of my 91 tsi ) bought a 90 awd tsi!

Mike

danl
03-27-2002, 10:37 AM
Thats awsome stuff MIKE! Is nick going to be in altoona this weekend I want to see this car! What color is it? HOw many miles. Did he get a good deal? My new lash adjusters should be in friday evening. HOpefully thats the case, as its not running without them. My dammed downpipe isn't in, but the car will still run without it :( Maybe i'll disconnect it after the car, and run open exhaust till my new DP comes in :D

Anyways, i'm in williamsport at school and I have a datalogger if anyone needs help. E-mail me at hondadan18@hotmail.com and I'll be glad to help you out. 1g's only, sorry :(

Also, i'm in the altoona area on the weekends, but time is usually lacking. HOwever, I can usually meet people in altoona on the boulevard on some weekends to log their car if need be. We usually have a few dsm'ers out as well.

Lasersharp65
03-27-2002, 12:36 PM
danl i never noticed your sig pic is the front of penn tech...I'll be going to college there next year, i go to high school at south williamsport. I'll look for ya down at the "circuit" some night. And beat that dam red 2g gsx with the sticker on the side that says "16v DOHC" hes a pain in the ass :D

99GS-T Boost
03-27-2002, 01:47 PM
Hey guys. I live in Orwigsburg, which is below Pottsville. There isn't that many DSM'ers around here. Seems like all I do is race these freaky neons.

For everyone, the NOPI event in Reading is May 11-12th. This event is going to be big.

Also, for everybody, Carlise is having the Sport Compact Event May 3-5. First weekend. My buddy was down last year and said it was huge. Definitely going this year.

Erik

danl
03-27-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Lasersharp65
danl i never noticed your sig pic is the front of penn tech...I'll be going to college there next year, i go to high school at south williamsport. I'll look for ya down at the "circuit" some night. And beat that dam red 2g gsx with the sticker on the side that says "16v DOHC" hes a pain in the ass :D

Yeah, I'm in my third year down in williamsport. I've allready "played" with that GSX one night (I think their is a black one with altezzas too, I really would like to embarass him), I was going to Giant on the strip. Anyways, he seems real sure of himself, and his car didn't impress me :P I don't typically cruise in williamsport. I don't know anyone down their, and if I get the itch to go above 30mph i'm breaking the speed limit. If you ever see me on the circut at night, i'm usually walking it to watch the races. That way you get to see much more, and their is no way you can get in trouble ;).

The black talon you see in my sig is my roomated '90 awd. Its in the shops at penn college being rebuilt and worked on. If all goes well, it'll be out and about in about a month. I'm helping him work on it, but we'll have to see if it even runs LOL.

Lasersharp65
03-27-2002, 03:34 PM
cool, i'll have to bring my laser over so u can do some work on it :P i'm surprused i havent blown the motor yet. Know of anyone that wants to get rid of a 90-91 talon or eclipse rear spoiler and front bumper? I am waiting to find these so i can paint my car.

91TSiGuy
03-27-2002, 04:06 PM
danl: Have you seen a metalic blue w/grey ground effects 91 Talon TSi AWD at your school? My friend Mark goes to Penn Tech, and is a freshman this year. (he's TrailorTrashTSi on here)
We live near each other back in eastern PA, but during the week he's stuck at Williamsport and I'm at State College. Anyone know of places to cruise out here? I have my car out here this week for a change and feel like driving around.

TrailorTrashTSi
03-27-2002, 04:24 PM
Hey Dan whatup its Mark from Penntech. My friend pointed out to me that you were posting on this thread (the one that goes to pennstate I always tell you about with the nice car than mine haha) so I just thought I'd say hey. Are you going to that DSM meet thing in Ohio on July? Me and him were going to go but were not sure we may have some prior dirtbike engagements to attend at Unadilla, NY. I guess your roommate got that DSM that he wanted!! Allright later on....oh yea go to www.geocities.com/bennyhoffb for Central Eastern PA DSM club formed by B! :cool:

91TSiGuy
03-27-2002, 04:27 PM
oh, and whitetalonB16G,
if you see a blueish (w/purple pearl) corrado driving around Hazelton, give him a run for your money. He's also a friend of mine back home and since it looks like you have some similar mods as myself see what you can do. He's at Penn State out there.

danl
03-28-2002, 12:37 PM
91TSiGuy, I've seen marks car. You can cruise state college, but thats about it. If you want to have fun, altoona is the best place in your area. Its about an hour from state college, but the drive is really pretty. I'd take 45, kick back and just chill. THe cops are really bad in altoona from 8pm - midnight. But after that, they usually chill. THis friday looks messy, but if saturday is nice i'm sure their will be a big turnout. If you want, i'll meet you up their saturday, or even friday if the rain holds off. I just gotta get my car running (waiting for parts) so e-mail me if you want to meet up.

TrailorTrashTSi, probably not gonna make it to the dsm meet in july. Are you talking about the dsm shootout? I'm graduating this may, and I'll be either looking for a job, or have a job. Theirfore I don't know where i'll be in a month. I could be unemployed, or I could be in australia for all I know.

Mark, were gonna have to get together sometime again. Maybe go downtown on a nice night, park and shoot the shit. See if we can meet any other dsm'ers, watch the action, etc. BTW, how is that car of your's running? Doesen't it have like allmost 200K on it! Well, when my roomates '90 talon gets up and running, i'll give you a buzz and you can check it out etc..

Lasersharp65, I don't think we can get you in shop (my roomates car is struggling to get done!), but if you are in dire need of some DSM Tuner's (inside joke between me and my roomate LOL) look me up. I don't know anyone in the williamsport area with body parts for sale, but Mike Huml might have some, but he's in indiana pa.

Lasersharp65
03-28-2002, 03:47 PM
I see, well i just ordered my Injen intake now I think I'll look up some junkyards up north with my dad and try and find some body parts. When i did the "air can hack" i noticed my intake tube was full of black oil and shit that comes from the tubed out of the head. Does the EGR blockoff plate mod stop that? I read about how it helps fuel milage and that it stops that buildup, but if it stops it from going there, where does it go?

MindBlowin03
03-30-2002, 08:39 PM
Are we gettin a meet goin or what?!?! Everyday I look on this forum waiting for the thread, "PA meet", but I never see it. We've been talkin about it forver now, lets do somethin here.

larryd
03-30-2002, 08:41 PM
agreed :)

Lasersharp65
03-30-2002, 09:19 PM
figures right when my car takes a shit, please help me out pa'ers on the help forum under topic "blown motor?"

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=43436&goto=newpost

DSMguy3
03-31-2002, 12:41 PM
What if you guys could wait till around the first or second week in May? Or at least sometime in May, cause I am way out at school in Indiana till then and would LOVE to be able to make the meet, I know my car isn't anything great like some of yours, but I'm just getting started, and you can ALWAYS learn stuff from the pro DSM'ers right :-P!

Hopefully that could work out that I can make it...lates dudes

MikeHuml
03-31-2002, 01:45 PM
Indiana, Pa? Or the state?

DSMguy3
03-31-2002, 02:10 PM
Indiana the state :)

I'm about 10 hours from home (in Lancaster, PA) :)

MikeHuml
03-31-2002, 04:09 PM
Yikes! You are far from home! I was hoping Indiana, Pa. Thats where I am at. Would be cool to meet some more dsm guys out here

Joe95GST
03-31-2002, 04:31 PM
Whats a good night to come to Hazleton?

whitetalonB16G
03-31-2002, 11:39 PM
with good weather and all.. I would say around 9pm on a Saturday night.. Let me know if your ever gonna take the trip - i will meet ya up there some night.. Right now its still a little slow - but come summer it gets pretty wild :-P

Lasersharp65
04-01-2002, 08:32 AM
If i get my car back on the road i'd be happy to come down on a busy night, I wanna stay away from my area for a little while so anywhere else is cool :D

FrankJr.
04-01-2002, 11:08 AM
im in the York area with all these dsmer's but can't find any get togethers or anything. If any of the pa dsmer's find a location and time, someone email or send a message this way.

FASTBOYS
04-02-2002, 11:54 PM
Adam,
Damn, bro you kinda remind me of Terreto the way you talk about racing!! You say the competition around here is easy and a got a group of fucking angry Buick guys behind me right now that carry the fronts across the 60 ft. mark. Stevies mustang will go 10s, Brads stang will go mid 11 np and my car STILL DOESNT RUN:confused: I dont have enough room to talk Buick here but you get the drift , right:D Oh I ordered a Motec system exhaust.
Gotta roll have an interview tommorow

whitetalonB16G
04-03-2002, 01:39 AM
I meant competition meaning you J/K anyways i raised that FMIC by the way very easy to do.. I meant the v8s in Hazleton, none of the NE-Turbo guys :P

FASTBOYS
04-03-2002, 09:02 PM
Cool, glad to hear bout the FMIC was awfully low before. stop by Northeast Turbo one of these nights before you go to work. We are going to fix my black car soon. wanna help??
:beer:

jfa_16
04-03-2002, 11:12 PM
i haven't followed this thread that closely, but i know that a lot of people are. i am posting to say that i am trying to organize a pittsburgh area dsm meet sometime in april. i made a thread in this forum, but nobody is going to it. if you are interested, please go to that thread and post a reply. thanks.

MikeHuml
04-04-2002, 07:23 AM
Try going to Yahoo groups, join the padsm mailing list. You will find about 10 people on there from Pittsburgh.

99GSXgirl
04-04-2002, 09:53 PM
I threw a little something together last year in the Allentown area and it came out pretty good. We all had a good time and a good turnout. I am going to start a post soon about another meet and I will decide on a location after I determine a central point for the majority of the people interested. Last time that ended up being in Philipsburg Nj, right near Easton. Here are a few pics of the last one. \

Oh you guys are killing me! I can't believe I missed it in my own backyard! I didn't have my car then and my last DSM was long gone. Ugg. :(

So any other DSM girls out there that might go to the next gathering? For that matter any married DSMers (a little bit)over 30?:confused:

MindBlowin03
04-07-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by 99GSXgirl
\Oh you guys are killing me! I can't believe I missed it in my own backyard! I didn't have my car then and my last DSM was long gone. Ugg. :(

So any other DSM girls out there that might go to the next gathering? For that matter any married DSMers (a little bit)over 30?:confused:
My girlfriend will be with me IF we ever get a meet going. She's 20.

96TalonNonT
04-08-2002, 07:58 PM
I'm near lewistown, 30 min from State College. I would be up for a meet, even though i lost my licence..lol i'll be at penn college in the fall so some of ya might see it runnin around up there if i don't sell it. If i sell it i will be cruisin in a sonoma with an LS1..
:) i also am at beaver springs dragway about every friday night, i live like 10 min away

MikeHuml
04-08-2002, 08:23 PM
Springs......

I would like to come up some Friday night to th Beaver. When are they having there Import day?

96TalonNonT
04-08-2002, 08:34 PM
not sure when import day is. check the site www.beaversprings.com

but just about every friday night is import day anymore there was a good amount of imports there last friday. but still insane amounts of mustangs.

MikeHuml
04-08-2002, 09:32 PM
Maybe have to show up on a Friday night to show the mustang guys what 120 plus mph traps look like on street tires :)

Mike

chip is off shoulder now :)

Devicex
04-08-2002, 10:12 PM
Is the dsm day on the 27th at beaver springs still on? I haven't heard any talk of it recently, kinda looking forward to it. Any rules/regulations concerning spyders at the track? thanks.

91TSiGuy
04-08-2002, 10:22 PM
What's up matt? I see your post right up there above mine. :P

Another ? for the PA guys......anyone going to Maple Grove to check out the racing on April 27-28, and who's going to Carlisle May 3-5?

96TalonNonT
04-08-2002, 10:26 PM
Not sure i never heard anything about it. I have seen other convertibles run. There was a spyder down there last week but i dont know if he ran or not. Probably have to have the top up. but if its under 11.99 you have to have a roll cage.
and i believe that i am going to find a way to carlisle!

Devicex
04-08-2002, 11:45 PM
Look back about halfway through the thread, dsm only from 3-7 or something like that on the 27th, 30 bucks to run as many as you can. Wonder if I'm under 12 seconds? :D

Lasersharp65
04-09-2002, 05:51 AM
Hey guys i start work on my car next week, gonna be putting around $5k into it, all new motor, doing work inside and out. Cant wait till its finished and it should be done by June! Cya's at the meet IF we ever get one set, or I'll take a trip to beaver springs to meet some of ya, havent been there since the 4 wheeler racing they used to have, so its been a while.

SlowboyDLR
04-09-2002, 01:16 PM
Mike,

I would like to see the faces of those Mustang guys when the 91 Talon passes by! The only view they'll get is the rear end of the Talon.

:D

TrailorTrashTSi
04-09-2002, 01:20 PM
Just wanna say hey to all the DSM guys/girls? coming out to Penn College next year, when you get out here look me up!! I will be living in Penncenter. delmar29@email.pct.edu

danl
04-09-2002, 05:26 PM
TO all the guys going to maplegrove I'll be their sunday for the main event. I'll be in the white car in my sig. I've got a small dsmtalk.com sticker in the drivers side quarter window. Stop me if you see me.

I'm going to be hitting beaver springs for a track day with our college on april 26th. Its like $15 for 3 hours and they teach you what to do and stuff (i'm a newbie). I'd like to stop down for the dsm day, but if I do I don't think i'll run, trying to take it easy on my car because its my daily driver. I just want to see Mike Huml's talon run, and maybe I can be his laborer preparing the car if need be :D .

MikeHuml
04-09-2002, 07:02 PM
I just hope if I go all the way to Beaver it will hold together! I better rent a trailer.... and I will bring my spare axles, center diff, and t case :)

danl
04-10-2002, 08:13 AM
I just hope if I go all the way to Beaver it will hold together! I better rent a trailer.... and I will bring my spare axles, center diff, and t case :)

Well, i'm eager to run my car. However, as you know i've had a few problems latley (not related to driving hard). I just really can't afford a big mechanical failure, oh well. Hopefully the ecu will be back for this weekend so I can drive the car again.

Lasersharp65
04-10-2002, 10:42 PM
Hey I see downtown williamsport is startin to pickup already, u guys should head down some weekend night. I am still looking for a new motor to throw in this smoke bomb before I lose another or all the cylinders. But hey i'm still beatin the piss outta the 3 that are pumpin!

91TSiGuy
04-10-2002, 11:01 PM
danl: What are you doing this weekend? I went down to Altoona 2 weeks ago, (later that night when I thought I wouldn't be able to meet you) but got lost as soon as I got off the exit and came back to U. Park. I'm doin a lil work on my car Friday but I should be free that night or maybe Saturday. Gettin a Palm Pilot soon too, so if you could show me the ways of the logging system that'd be really nice. :D

FASTBOYS
04-12-2002, 10:24 AM
All you guys in nepa should head to McAdoo near Hazleton to NORTHEAST TURBO for some good times and fast turbo cars.
The # up there is 5709291617 Always a blast

danl
04-12-2002, 11:06 AM
91tsiguy, I'm hoping to make it to altoona tonight but everything is so tenitive. I just got my ecu back from foreigncomputerrepair.com so we'll see if the car runs now without shutting off. Also, i'm meeting two of my friends after they get back from maryland after picking up d16z6 soch vtec engine and matching transmission for my one friends crx si. If you or anyone wants to meet my email is hondadan18@hotmail.com . Saturday and sunday nights are going to be messy, so tonight it is for me. If I don't get a call from my friends or an e-mail from anyone, i'll probably be in altoona, but if I dont' meet up with someone I won't spend to long.

later,
danl

MikeHuml
04-12-2002, 11:31 AM
If it is not raining tonight, I am planning on coming to Altoona also.

91TSiGuy
04-12-2002, 02:54 PM
tell me where to meet you guys at!?! I wanna go, but am clueless once I get off the exit from 220 (?)

danl
04-12-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by 91TSiGuy
tell me where to meet you guys at!?! I wanna go, but am clueless once I get off the exit from 220 (?)

First, mike its not going to rain, don't say the "R" word! LOL

Second, as far as directions it depends on where you're coming from. You're from the state college area right? If so, and if you're taking 220, just follow that road till you literally run into altoona. Their will be signs along the whole way. Visit mapquest.com or grap a pa map if you're still not sure. I'm bad with directions.

ONce you're in altoona, we usually cruise the strip. Its about a 1.5-2 miles long. It is lined with an autozone, advanced auto, dunkin doughnuts, sheetz, BP gas station, dennys etc... Just follow the rice my son. I usually stop by Dunkin DOughnuts and grab a coffee first thing and people usually see me or I see them.

Taking I 99 is another option.

HTH, i'm not so good with directions.

91TSiGuy
04-12-2002, 09:44 PM
Well, I found "the strip" in Altoona finally. Last time I got off of 17th street exit cause thats what mapquest told me to do to get to Altoona. Anyway, I think that strip should be renamed Rice Parade Ave. !! I was sitting at Dunkin Donuts from 9:05 -9:40 seeing if you'd show up Dan, but in the meantime I swear I saw the same cars drive by at least a 1/2 dozen times....and a few were revving at my parked car!?! HA HA.....that's definitely worth going down to again. That place makes me laugh.

danl
04-13-2002, 12:12 AM
Glad you found it. I was lifting a honda motor with the tranny still on it at about the time you were at DD. I got up their at 10:30ish. Mike H, his brother, and a few other guys were up their though? You must have just missed them?

91TSiGuy
04-13-2002, 12:32 AM
Well, if the weather's good, who's up for tomorrow night? Or if you guys like Jimmy Eats World, they're playin here @ PSU main w/a free concert. I'll do either or, so lemme know where to meet anyone and at what time.

Lasersharp65
04-13-2002, 05:09 AM
I'd like to go see that concert, a few of my friends are going but i doubt my car would make it up there :(

MikeHuml
04-13-2002, 08:41 AM
I did not make it down till almost 10:30. But I had a good time and was probably out till about 2:00 a.m. How come no one revs at me anymore ? Dammit all anyway :)

RedDevil
04-13-2002, 09:11 AM
Ah, good ol' Altoona, that brings back memories :D

stangabishi
04-13-2002, 11:32 AM
MIKE: they don't rev at you because now they know better:D still wanna hook up tomorrow for a datalogging session? i gotta make it out to altoona with you guys some weekend soon. sounds like fun. lata

MikeHuml
04-13-2002, 05:00 PM
I am not for 100% sure if I will be able to tomorrow. I will let you know first thing in the morning whats up. I need to have an orginization day around here!!!!

91TSiGuy
04-29-2002, 11:59 PM
May is almost around............any news about a meet yet? :confused:

olsookie
06-22-2002, 07:46 PM
NorthEast Philly DSM'r here!

going to englishtown, NJ This up and coming Wednesday, June 26th, one more run with my stock turbo before the T28 goes on with a 1st gen intake manny and throttle body with 2.5" dp and cat, with other supporting mods.

hope to see you there!

98 GSX
Apexi Dunk, B&M short Shifter, free mods, hks ssqv BOV, dejon tools intercooler piping, intake pipe w/ filter.

soon to be done
T28, 1st Gen Intake, 1st Gen TB, 2.5" DP, Cat, Supra Fuel Pump

PaImportTuner
07-02-2002, 04:00 PM

Jim

hey Jim,

My name is Nelson I work at Voicetream on Roble Rd. down the street from you in the ABE airport area, I went to my bank and passed B.Braun on the way and stopped by. Is it a black TSi with a white number 2 sticker or something over the exhaust?? if it is i seen it just wanted to say hi.. and we should meet up sometime. I get off work at 230-245pm on weekdays.. and when we go to a car meet I can meet up with you so we can travel up together.

I drive a 91' Red Talon Tsi, I start work at 630am so you'll see my car there.

ClayCollins
07-09-2002, 02:54 PM
I just sold a DSM to someone in that area.

Danny109
07-10-2002, 09:51 AM
i'm from Harrisburg and I'll drive somewhere to meet with ya'll

Neil92TSi
07-15-2002, 11:13 PM
Hey guys, I'm from the Philadelphia vicinity, too. I live in a town called Kennett Square, it's south and west of philly by about 40 minutes. I also just got my '92 tsi, and i just have to show it off- haha! yeah, i'd love to join in any get togethers, just let me know. contact me at lancer280@hotmail.com if you want.
--Neil

2low4fathoes
07-19-2002, 03:36 PM
hey guys.. i just go some new toys for the car... supra sidemount, vr-4 fuel pump, big 16g ported and clipped... right now im ordering new injectors and an afc... im going to need some help tuning this crap.. anyone going to be around to give me some advice or something?
i ran at cecil last week with the new turbo but with stock injectors and no afc and ran a 14.2 @ 101 the 14.2 sucks but i like the 101 injectors and afc should help alot.. that was at 17psi or so