Huge hesitation after head replacemnet! [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Huge hesitation after head replacemnet!

Dan4g63
02-24-2001, 09:57 PM
Ok here are the news:
I checked the compression and its 150 psi (165 if i add a little oil) in all 4 cylinders. Maybe 1 psi diffrence between cylinders. Remember I replaced the head with one that has 40k on it (bottom end has 120k) and its a 1990 2.0 NT AT. Timing belt faluare.
Still the car has huge hesition. I floor it and it revs to 2k max, unless i stomp it for at least 5 sec then it goes to 5k but it still feels weird.
What could it be? I need help. I have no idea. Should I take it to the dealer and give them $50 to diagnost it? Will they even do that?

Thank You Dan.

TurboMitsu
02-25-2001, 07:42 AM
Dan, are you sure all of your injectors are plugged in? is Did you install a new gasket with the intake manifold? sounds to me like it's not getting enough fuel :confused: check for leaks between the air filter and the throttle body..
Good Luck!

Dan4g63
02-25-2001, 11:24 AM
I will check the injectors.
Yes I installed a new gasket with the intake manifold.
So you think the hesitaion is from not getting enough fuel? and its got nothing to do with the compression being kind of low?

TurboMitsu
02-25-2001, 11:58 AM
naw, the compression wouldn't cause that kind of hesitation, it couls cause a loss of power but that's pretty much it, re-check all connections again :)
Good luck!!!