Anyone install an HRC super 16G on a 2G?? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Anyone install an HRC super 16G on a 2G??

99mmcgsx
03-01-2001, 03:12 PM
Thinking of going with the super16g kit from HRC this spring...has anybody done this mod? Sorry if this thread has already come up.

turbo2000pa
03-01-2001, 03:42 PM
I got one and its running excellent.

gst69
03-01-2001, 06:33 PM
i seriously thinking of purchasing one also--did you have the manifold ported? and also have you done any street racing, hwy, etc ---id like to know what some of the quickest cars you have beat--

phrenzy
03-01-2001, 09:05 PM
I plan on installing the Hahn Stage 1 system on my car in the next few months. It has the Super 16G. I am also curious as to the spool up, and boost characteristics as well as any problems you have had.

turbo2000pa
03-02-2001, 01:51 AM
gst69:
My manifold is mildly ported. I've never really race people on the street, but when provoked i'll see what they got. I've encountered one C5 auto, but he declined to play anymore when I pulled on him. I've also messed with a couple Mustangs and Camaros, but no fast ones yet.

phrenzy:
I got about 10k on my S16g and the spool up is fairly quick. Spool up starts just shy of 3k. I'm also running a Fidanza flywheel which aids in spool up, so to speak. I've never really had any major problems with this turbo, but it did develop an exhaust leak at the adapter plate/manifold joint. HRC calls for high temp silicon at that joint, but the temps there just disinegrates the silicon. I've also had trouble with one fastener(long stud) fail on me when I disassembled the turbo from the manifold. HRC is in the process of developing a gasket to replace the silicon. As for the fasteners, HRC now uses ARP studs and bolts. Overall this is an excellent turbo and produces plenty of power for the street. The quality and fit is top notch.

phrenzy
03-02-2001, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the quick and descripty reply. :D

Have fun-

PS. Be sure to vote for my wheels. ;)