Greddy BOV adjustment [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Greddy BOV adjustment

DSMmania
03-06-2001, 11:33 AM
Hey all, just curious about the adjustment of hard to soft on the Greddy Type S BOV. What does it do, and what will it do for me? Just wondering if it's worth it or should I grab a 1G BOV? (posting for a 2G friend) Thanks.

Curt

TechT
03-07-2001, 09:43 AM
The adjustments allow for different boost pressures.The 1st gen bov holds up to 18 psi.Alot of people with 2 gen's get the 1 gen bov as well as aftermarket ones.It's pretty much a personal choice.I have the Greddy Type S.

DSMmania
03-12-2001, 02:07 PM
What's it sound like? Is it louder depending on where it's set at? Also, how do you know what to set it at? assuming maybe you're running stock boost (no mbc etc.), how do you know what to set it at? Thanks

TechT
03-12-2001, 10:06 PM
ok it makes a whoose with a whistle sound.it gets louder depending on how high you get the rpm's before you shift.as for adjusting it.you turn it all the way soft.you should here it leaking,then turn it clockwise until the hissing sound disapears.that's it..

DSMmania
03-12-2001, 10:51 PM
Hey man, thanks for the help. My buddy is about show, and wanted to know why not to just get a 1G and polish it up.

Curt