DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

New Source for Downpipes

2K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  ho chi inn 
#1 ·
Came across these downpipes on Ebay. I emailed the guy two weeks ago and he responded quickly. At the time he didn't have GSX downpipes, but, told me he would be producing them in a week or so. I checked today and they are up there. They look pretty good and are priced reasonably. Here's the Link

The link will be dead in a few days after the auction ends, but, the SS ones are $192 and is polished. The mild steel ones are $144. Since he's in NY and I am too, I hope to get an actual look at one b4 I purchase.

I'll let you guys know.

Also Exhaust Depot still have theirs on sale for $169 it's SS but it's 2.5" before the flex. Look Here

#6 ·
Don't know if they make 1G ones, I wanted to go by the shop on Sunday but, I got too busy. I'll probably pick mine up next weekend.

#7 ·
:mad: WARNING!!!!!! This downpipe has some fitment issues. I have a Thermal cat-back and this downpipe will NOT bolt up to the thermal. The downpipe is about 2" too long. I have emailed the ebay seller for a refund but he came back with some crap about me needing to change the stock hangers.:rolleyes:

I am still pressing for a return. He has yet to get back to me. I have also emailed all the other buyers and asked them if they have fitment issues.
So far only one person has come back to me, apparently, it bolts up to the Apex N-1 once you remove that reducer that comes with the N-1.
I suppose that reducer IS about 2" in length which will explain why it will bolt up to an N-1.

Contrary to his ebay ad which states "bolt to stock exhaust or aftermarket"...... There is no way it will bolt to a stock exhaust. Aftermarket? Yes, N-1 only. AFIAK, only the N-1 comes with the reducer, so basically, ANY other cat-back will not fit.

I'm still waiting for other emails to come in, I'll keep you posted.

#8 ·
PUGSX said:
:mad: WARNING!!!!!! This downpipe has some fitment issues. I have a Thermal cat-back and this downpipe will NOT bolt up to the thermal. The downpipe is about 2" too long. I have emailed the ebay seller for a refund but he came back with some crap about me needing to change the stock hangers.:rolleyes:

I am still pressing for a return. He has yet to get back to me. I have also emailed all the other buyers and asked them if they have fitment issues.
why not just take it to a muffler shop and have them shorten it to fit your cat-back? probably a lot cheaper than shipping it back to the seller

#9 ·
I doubt any muffler shop will do that more much less than 23.99 (shipping costs).

In any case, I just want to warn others not to make the same mistake. If he doesn't accept the return or if i can't get the credit card company to deny charges ( I don't know if it's possible with paypal), I might very well have to eat the cost of getting the downpipe modded again.

I can just see the muffler shoop guy saying now..."Oh, it's stainless steel, we charge MORE for welding that stuff"

#10 ·
I bought a underdrive pulley off them. It didn't fit, I asked if maybe they had sent me the wrong one, and he told me no, I was putting it on wrong. I told him that it can only be put on one way, it didn't fit, and I wanted my money back, he refused, told me I didn't know what I was talking about. I contacted ebay and they didn't do anything. :mad:

#11 ·
This is his latest reply

the issuse is that your thermal catback is made wrong, our pipe fits 100%, and i dont mean you change the bushings in them, our pipe fits 100%, since you are putting it not on a stock
CB, or an Apexi for which it was designed for, you must cut the catback short, we are 100% confident in our item, and we will stand behind it.
:rolleyes:

Yeah...Thermal is made wrong..em...ok..

#12 ·
If it fits stock then it should fit ANY aftermarket exhuast. Although the N-1 will need to use the reducer just like i have to use the reducer with my rsr exhuast on my exhuast depot downpipe, b/c that downpipe fit stock catback which mean it will fit anycatback. Also if that downpipe fits the N-1 without the neckdown then there is no way in hell it will fit the stock CB.. why dont you email him a picture of you trying to put it on the stock cat-back? and say you add says this and it is a lie. then email ebay and show them everything and they should kick him off for false advertisment. Also paypal might give your money back. Dont know though but you have a good case just save the add so you can view it later like print it off or somthing so you have evidence. Sorry to hear about that.

Just get the exhuast depot downpipe guys cheap and it fits!

#14 ·
It did. :( Too late for me now, but at least people who read this thread will not repeat the same mistake.

Grrr..I've always waited for people to review the new products before I buy them myself, the one time I.... Sigh.

#15 ·
Pugsx, how much did they charge to modify and intall it? I have the RSR with the removable adapter, so it should fit me fine, but, just interested in estimating a cost if I have to have it welded.

#16 ·
I paid wayyyyy to much. Should have just gone with the RRE pipe.

Just installed it this morning. The flex section touches the oil pan. :mad: I'm this close to junking the damm thing.

In your case, the length will be ok since you have an N-1, just see if the flex section touches the oil pan or not.

#17 ·
damn dude that sux ...i also emailed him before when i saw no GSX downpipes and was waitin for him to post them up. I was getting ready to order until i read this. I do have an Apex i N1 but the oil pan touching this i dont like. I mean my catback already hits the driveshaft at ahrd turns(going to fix it) and i dont know why all i need is something else like that lol. Sorry you had to go through that but thanks for the warnings...

#18 ·
PUGSX said:
This is his latest reply

:rolleyes:

Yeah...Thermal is made wrong..em...ok..
Dude your retarted, Why dont you just take it down to a muffler shop and have them shorten it, it would cause alot less hassle and plus that downpipe is hella bad ass. do the smart thing, it would be easier for the both of you.

#20 ·
fyi, paypal wont do squat for you. all they care about is if you got something. it could be a box of rocks for all they care. i have had 2 issues with them already, both for wrong stuff sent, both i had to backcharge my credit card. do a search on the internet, and read up on paypal. also, if you allow them access to your bank account, which you HAVE to do to be verified, they can come in and yank money out, and you will have to fight it. go ahead, ask your bank.

#21 ·
JspecTalon said:

Dude your retarted, Why dont you just take it down to a muffler shop and have them shorten it, it would cause alot less hassle and plus that downpipe is hella bad ass. do the smart thing, it would be easier for the both of you.

First, I don't know why you called me retarted. In any case, it's "you're" and not "your".

Secondly, why should I have to pay extra for something that was advertised to fit but didn't? Are you telling everyone who buys that downpipe who DOESN'T own an Apex N-1 to get it corrected at a muffler shop? Why don't you address the problem instead of the cure?

#23 ·
well

well, i've know of a guy who does AWESOME header work for drag racers. he makes headers for Pro Stock cars and does frame building and everything. i'm gonna go to him and see if i can get an o2 eliminator made up. and possibly a turbo header when i go t3/t4. he does great work, but it's more of a hobby, he has a dayjob and does this stuff at nite.

#24 ·
"Bolts up to all aftermarket exhausts"

You know that can't possibly be true.

Do you think he's tested it with Apexi, Buschur, Thermal, ATR, Pacesetter, Tannabe, JIC....

Of course not.

It'd be $20 to get it shortened a few inches or lengthened a few inches at our local Muffler Man.

When you go on eBay and buy stuff at a very low price from an unknown, you'll get what you pay for.

#25 ·
PUGSX said:

First, I don't know why you called me retarted. In any case, it's "you're" and not "your".

Secondly, why should I have to pay extra for something that was advertised to fit but didn't? Are you telling everyone who buys that downpipe who DOESN'T own an Apex N-1 to get it corrected at a muffler shop? Why don't you address the problem instead of the cure?
You've got a point and you're not a retard. It might be easier to have someone else fix it, but the manufacturer should have had it right in the first place. I'd be just as pissed as you are.

#26 ·
... also, if you allow them access to your bank account, which you HAVE to do to be verified, they can come in and yank money out, and you will have to fight it. go ahead, ask your bank. [/B]

I have return to use money orders for Ebay transactions after reaching my paypal limit. I will never get verified by paypal. No way will I allow a stranger into my bank account!!!!!!! It is insane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.