ATR muffler [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: ATR muffler

slickseth
03-08-2001, 08:52 PM
O.K., so Im buying a used ATR muffler this week. Ive seen pics, and it looks brand new, in fact, It looks like it hasnt even been installed. Its just the muffler, no piping, but its part of a catback, I guess the guy wants to keep the piping. Anyways, its $100, and I figure its a good deal. My question is as follows: Will this muffler, which came off of a 1G AWD cat back system, fit my 1G FWD? I dont mind customizing a little. From seeing pictures of both, they look identical. Im just curious if they are.
Assuming that the mufflers are identical between the FWD and AWD 1Gs, Im trying to find someone who has the pipe that goes from the cat back, or someone who can fabricate it for me (3"). Anyone have any ideas? I contacted DSM-performance.com, and Ross said that he wont be able to do it for a while, but that he may be able to get just the piping form ATR. There are no mandrel benders in my area! All the dumbass muffler guys around here want to do it in 2-1/2" aluminized pressbent garbage. They dont think my car needs anything bigger than 2-1/2". Retards.
Anyways, any ideas?

Jehu
03-09-2001, 07:53 AM
I think there's a certified muffler down in florida that does mendrel bent systems. Mario Pennycoke used to always rave about their work :). I'll see if I can find you a link for it.

slickseth
03-09-2001, 05:44 PM
Awesome, I really need some ideas.

slickseth
03-11-2001, 05:10 PM
bump...

Viprklr
03-12-2001, 03:19 AM
Where are you located?

slickseth
03-12-2001, 03:27 AM
Utah.

Viprklr
03-12-2001, 03:34 AM
No good. I'm in Illinois.
I think Nick92.... has a friend that does pipes and will ship.