Michigan DSMers: Where are we?? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Michigan DSMers: Where are we??

Boosted20G
03-12-2001, 12:46 PM
Anyone here from Michigan?? I'm plannin on making a trip to Milan the first week or two that they open, either March 31st or early April. Anyone else up for it??

DSMing91
03-12-2001, 05:21 PM
moved from lounge to get togethers...

Boosted20G
03-12-2001, 11:51 PM
Sorry, my bad. Thought I could post anything in the Lounge :-)

dsm4eva
03-13-2001, 12:21 AM
Check out the mich.dsm.org website and sign up to the mail list. The opening weekend hasn't been discussed yet, but I guarantee there will be a few people there. I plan on getting kicked out with my AWD on opening weekend and then with my FWD the weekend following. If both cars run 11s I'm screwed until I can finish the cage in the FWD.

Boosted20G
03-13-2001, 09:57 AM
I wouldnt mind having the problem of running 11s. What all do you have done to your FWD?? Oh, I am already on the Mich-DSM mailing list just decided to see if anybody else was on here.
later,

GST95
03-13-2001, 05:33 PM
I hope to be there opening weekend. Still trying to convince a few of my friends to take their cars. Its probably a 2 hour drive from here and they dont all get good gas mileage. :) I hope to see some fast DSM's there.

Boosted20G
03-14-2001, 12:08 AM
GST95 - What all do you have done to your car??

GST95
03-14-2001, 04:01 PM
I dont have much done yet. So far i have removed the dump tube, BCS restrictor, and the inner fender behind the IC. Put in a square K&N without the bottom of the air box. This week i will probably order a boost gauge, A-piller pod, and a Joe P. MBC. And if i feel really energetic ill install it all by opening day. :) I also have a 1g BOV and a flange, so im going to try to make a UIP too. Only 2 weeks left, so i need to get started on it.

Boosted20G
03-14-2001, 09:56 PM
That's a good start. Hope to see you there!

GST95
03-27-2001, 09:49 PM
got my piller today finally, so ill try to put it in tomorrow. hooked up my boost gauge. boost goes right to 13 psi and then falls to 10 by redline. The 13 makes me think my BOV is leaking, but i dont know. I made an adapter thing to mount my 1g bov to my stock uip that im going to try out tomorrow too. Getting a gasket for a 1g bov from a dealer around here is damn near impossable without ordering it. :( The Mitsu dealer in Kalamazoo couldnt even figure out what i was talking about (not even one of the mechanics "does that go on the AC compressor?"). Never gunna have them work on my car. Got my Joe P. BC too, but didnt figure it would be worth hooking up without the BOV, so i have a lot to do tomorrow. Even if i dont get everything hooked up by saturday, ill still be at milan unless it rains. Hope to see that 11 sec run dsm4eva :)

Are they really picky on the inspection?

If so what should i make sure i do or have? or maybe dont have?

dsm4eva
03-28-2001, 12:53 PM
I may or may not go, we'll see. Its going to be warmer than they originally predicted. I made some plans based on the 35 degree forecast and now that its up to 55 degrees, I may have to break them to go. :O I don't think the track will be up to par to break out the Laser, that and I have a lot of wiring to finish up along with the Lexan windows... sigh. I should be working on that now instead of writing this! :)

As for Milan inspection, if you could call it that. As long as they see it has four wheels, seatbelts, is running or can run, it will get passed. Usually the only question is: does it have nitrous? Make sure you fill out the tech card before you pull up to the shack, cause otherwise you'll just piss them off. Bring a helmet too, you don't want to use the track provided one, trust me. :P

[Edited by dsm4eva on 03-28-2001 at 01:55 PM]

GST95
03-28-2001, 04:07 PM
how fast do you have to be to have to use a helmet?

Im sure im still in the 14's, so i shouldnt need one, right?

last time i was at a strip was the first week i had the car and couldnt get a good launch (first time racing a fwd). Only had the K&N and got a 14.8. Not positive on the MPH, but i think it was 96.

dsm4eva
03-30-2001, 01:11 AM
It depends who is running the lights. If you have a helmet bring it, its a WAY better alternative than using that POS track loaner.

Now that its Friday morning, I can definitely say I'm not going this weekend. Looking at the schedule, I'll most likely go either the 7th or 14th depending on weather.

Silver TSI
04-04-2001, 10:09 AM
Where in Michigan is everyone, I'm in Sterling Heights.
Nick

dsm4eva
04-04-2001, 12:27 PM
Looks like its going to be a crappy weekend to go to the track... It appears I'll be going later this month instead of this Saturday.

Boosted20G
04-04-2001, 05:42 PM
I'm from Clarkston, living in Rochester now.

Dark Lightning
04-05-2001, 12:20 PM
I'll be living in the Ann Arbor / Brighton area again come April 27th. I hope to hit Milan that weekend or the following week. 12.99 is the the goal for the first day, 12.5 is the mid-season goal, and I want to walk out of Milan on the last weekend with a 12.25 timeslip (all on race gas.) I'd like to net 12.xx on pump gas too.

Just to make sure, is everyone here on the Mich-DSM mailing list? TRUST ME, we're a very active club and it's well worth it to join. We do get together's, engine work for friends, you name it. http://mich.dsm.org PLEASE SIGN UP.

Boosted20G
04-05-2001, 12:33 PM
Yeah I am on the list, though not very active. Generally just read through now and again.

Silver TSI
04-05-2001, 12:41 PM
Im on there too, but it seems like noone goes onto it. I think we need somebody new to run it and make it more interesting with videos and photos, what do you guys think?
Nick

Dark Lightning
04-05-2001, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Silver TSI
Im on there too, but it seems like noone goes onto it. I think we need somebody new to run it and make it more interesting with videos and photos, what do you guys think?
Nick

There's a Mich-DSM message board and a Mich-DSM email group. We're talking two VERY DIFFERENT things. The chat board is pretty dead; ok ok, it IS dead. Subscribe to the email group; this is where the action is.

http://mich-dsm.eagletalon.net/members/mailinglist/

milaser
04-05-2001, 01:25 PM
Good to see some more people from Michigan. I'm from a little further north in Owosso (25 mile from Flint) but I don't feel much like a DSM owner lately due to a timing belt falure with my 90 Laser I am curently in need of a new engine, and Like GST95's problem I don't think half of the places around here have even heard of a 2.0 16V DOHC engine let alone where I could find a used block for one.

Dark Lightning
04-05-2001, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by milaser
Good to see some more people from Michigan. I'm from a little further north in Owosso (25 mile from Flint) but I don't feel much like a DSM owner lately due to a timing belt falure with my 90 Laser I am curently in need of a new engine, and Like GST95's problem I don't think half of the places around here have even heard of a 2.0 16V DOHC engine let alone where I could find a used block for one.

Post on the Mich-DSM *email* list. TRUST ME, there's people that can help. I think Mark Hessler has two or three spare transmissions right now, and Scott Glassbrook probably has that extra '90 engine, too.

Dark Lightning
04-05-2001, 01:51 PM
<soapbox>

For those of you that don't know, Mich-DSM rebuilt Jason Vardon's '92 AWD motor in one night. He paid $500 in parts, and $250 in beer/chips/pizza for half a dozen guys. $750 for a rebuilt motor. I know Tom McClintock on the list is having another Mich-DSMer show him how to do a clutch swap. Myself personally, Jason Brendel from Mich-DSM has helped me with porting my exhaust manifold, turbo, and O2 housing, as well as showed me how (didn't do it for me) to do a big brake upgrade on my '91 TSi AWD. I snapped the fuel line coming out of the fuel pump assembly while putting in my Walbaro aftermarket pump; I talked to Mark Hessler, and he had a friend email me THAT NIGHT asking what my address was because he had a spare pump assembly he'd ship me for $50 (MSRP on a new one is $583.)

Mich-DSM is a good group to belong to. I've never had this much help or knowledge available at my fingertips.

</soapbox>

Silver TSI
04-05-2001, 01:55 PM
I signed up for the mailing list. How do I find out information from other Michigan DSMer?
Thanks,
Nick

Dark Lightning
04-05-2001, 02:06 PM
I signed up for the mailing list. How do I find out information from other Michigan DSMer?
Thanks,
Nick

If you're on the Mich-DSM email list, you'll be recieving emails from other Michigan DSMers every so often (depends on the day; I've seen 50 emails a day, other days zero.) If you want to email the group with a new question, send a new email to mich-dsm@eagletalon.net with whatever title/subject you wish. If you want to reply to someone's email, just hit the REPLY button and the Mich-DSM email server (owned and operated by Scott Glassbrook, a Mich-DSMer from Lansing) will post your reply within a few minutes.

Say you post an email with the subject "Walbaro or Supra", the email server will modify your message to read like this:

[mich-dsm] Walbaro or Supra {01}

If someone replies, their email will be changed to:

[mich-dsm] Walbaro or Supra {02}

See the {02}? That helps keep the conversation in order.

Make sense?

91TSIAWD_Mark
04-05-2001, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Dark Lightning
Subscribe to the email group; this is where the action is.
I get what, 50 messages a day?

Oh, and I'm in Ann Arbor.

Dark Lightning
04-05-2001, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 91TSIAWD_Mark
Subscribe to the email group; this is where the action is.
I get what, 50 messages a day?

Oh, and I'm in Ann Arbor.

You can either get every message individually or get the once-a-day digest with all the emails in one.

Where in AA?

Silver TSI
04-05-2001, 02:17 PM
I think it does.
Thanks
Nick

Boosted20G
04-05-2001, 10:46 PM
Milaser - How old are you?? I grew up in Owosso.
Tom

milaser
04-06-2001, 07:04 AM
I've signed upon the mi-dsm site getting lots of e-mail already. To answer the ? of how old I am I'm 33 the car I have was mine to start. The timing belt went while my step daughter was driving forcing me to buy a new car. I put the car back together and let her drive it, it has since blown the motor (heavy foot) so I'm talking the car back and fixing it up for me.

91TSIAWD_Mark
04-06-2001, 07:27 AM
You can either get every message individually or get the once-a-day digest with all the emails in one.

Where in AA?

Ya I know, but I like non-digest form better. I find it more helpfull. I've already gotten Wayne to help me with my oil leak.

Officially, I live with my dad in Dexter. But really Im on Jackson Rd, almost in Dexter. So extreme west side of Ann Arbor.

Silver TSI
04-06-2001, 07:59 AM
How do I post a question on the Michigan DSM mailing list?

Dark Lightning
04-11-2001, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 91TSIAWD_Mark

Where in AA?

Ya I know, but I like non-digest form better. I find it more helpfull. I've already gotten Wayne to help me with my oil leak.

Officially, I live with my dad in Dexter. But really Im on Jackson Rd, almost in Dexter. So extreme west side of Ann Arbor.

I'm in Hamburg, not far at all.

Dark Lightning
04-11-2001, 07:30 PM
How do I post a question on the Michigan DSM mailing list?

Join the list, then email mich-dsm@eagletalon.net

1BADDSM
04-19-2001, 09:58 PM
What ever happened with that 5% off of car audio & security @ circuit city for mich-dsmers? Must have gotten laughed at like he said his boss probably would do.

There are quite a few people from there on here, I'm surprised I haven't seen dsm4eva in this post. I think he was the one who made the entire site (not sure).

I'm from Lapeer, drive to Rochester almost daily in my white 92 TSi AWD (only drive it in good weather), with "1BADDSM" as the plate.

It is sort of overwhelming at first, "holy sh!t, 30 new messages in one day!" After a while you get used to it.

Boosted20G
04-19-2001, 11:00 PM
Hey guys!
Thought I would give a little update on the car. Thought I was going to have it done a LONG time ago but it took Buschur Racing over a month to ship me an ACT 2600!! I was definetly fuming, they told me delivery would take 2 days at first. But, after I finally got through all of that I am now in the rebuild phase, putting on my new Fidanza Flywheel and ACT 2600 along with swapping Trannys from my parts car *the 99'* due to the fact that I blew mine last fall. I have probably just a fulls day work worth to do, adding some motor mounts now while it is convienent too.
I have been working on this car all winter, I completely switched interiors from both cars. Gone with the grey cloth to the 99's nice black leather, dash and everything! Also switched rear-ends *mine was cracked*, right sideskirt, and repaired my sunroof. It is going to be a completely new car when I get her on the road!! hehe.
A buddy of mine is now custom fabricating me a FMIC that I hope will help a great deal and I am in the market for any affordable 16G out there.
My only road block is that I need a new Radiator and I am strapped for cash. New stock costs $450 *who in gods name would buy a radiator from satan for that price??* and I'm not sure on a price on upgrades but they are probably still pricey, any ideas anyone??
Other than that, my "LilRckt" should be on the road very soon! Look forward to finally boosting again!

Any Mich-DSM meets coming up soon?? I know Milan has the Import Drags on May 19th I believe??

dsm4eva
04-20-2001, 01:05 PM
Yeah I started the club in 97 with about 5 people that frequented Milan as the core. It has grown considerably in the past few years and this year especially thanks to this website. Unfortunately, I got zapped by the weak economy and put most of my plans on hold for the season but I'll be back. I also don't frequent this website much anymore, I got tired of the same questions and when you do suggest something that you know is a better solution people just do what they want anyway.. oh well.

Boosted20G
04-20-2001, 01:29 PM
DSM4EVA - Hey where are you from around here??

dsm4eva
04-20-2001, 07:43 PM
Its in my profile but I'll save you the hassle of looking it up, Belleville. I used to live in A2 until we bought a house here in Nov.

Boosted20G
04-21-2001, 12:30 AM
Good deal, were going to have to meet up one of these times.

I have a question for ya. Just installed the Tranny today but putting the axles back in you seem to need A LOT of pressure, is this correct?? I wanted to make sure exactly what to do before I tried any of my brainstorming and possibly screwed something up.
Thanks,

91eclipsegsx16boy
04-22-2001, 10:03 PM
Royal Oak here

-aaron