2G mas? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: 2G mas?

Rodman
07-18-2003, 04:50 PM
Is there a difference between say a 2G mas from a 3000Gt, Steath V.S one from an actual turbo Eclipse or Talon. I can't tell wich one I have:confused: Does it matter? I would think that they might be calibrated different from one car to another.

sabzi5858
07-18-2003, 05:15 PM
i'm running fine with a '95-'98 galant mas

James92TSi
07-18-2003, 05:24 PM
http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=96730

Rodman
07-19-2003, 09:00 AM
Thanx for the thread(s) James but they don't really awnser my question. I'm having a problem with possible mas over run on my car and it's running very lean even though my fuel system is overkill. Take a look at my fuel mods..
Now my AFC settings are
Low settings are 1k -10 and 0 acrross after that wich gets me fuel trims of about 110:eek:

The high settings are
1k +4
2K +4
3k +5
3.5 +6
4k +8
5k +9
6-7k +10
Now these settings are high but if you use our only means of tuning with, knock,timing,02s,EGTs I'm good. When I pulled my head the exhaust valves were yellow wich means a lean mix. The plugs looked perfect and there wasn't any carbon build up on the pistons and valves. Van seems to think I'm waaay rich but I don't know about that.

I see 1606 hrz by 5K at 15lbs of boost wich seems high, but I havn't been paying too much attention to it untill now since I'm having a upper rpm flat spots thing after 5K or so. If pulling fuel doesnt help I'm going to look into swapping the mas, but I still don't know for sure if thats actually the problem. Hence this thread:rolleyes:

James92TSi
07-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Yeah, nobody seems to have a definite answer on the 3000GT MAS vs. 2G MAS issue.. I just brought up the other thread so you'd have a little more info.

I don't see a 16G overrunning a 2G MAS. I've had one on my car for a few years now, and it's handled the various turbos I've had on the car with no problem. The thing is huge, I just can't see a 16G or similar sized turbo overrunning it.

What is your fuel pressure set at? It's really odd to see you adding fuel in with the 2G MAS and 660s combo... but then again, if your MAS is a different calibration than the typical 2G MAS, who knows.. you might be dead on as far as a/f goes. So you might be able to bump the fuel pressure up a bit and get your AFC settings closer to 0 (to bring your airflow Hz back into a better part of the timing map).

:dunno:

Rodman
07-19-2003, 05:58 PM
I wonder if it's cuz I have a 90', the maps are different. Don't know what else to think.