Anyone using the Denso 70GPH pump? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Anyone using the Denso 70GPH pump?

SlowRide
03-15-2001, 12:40 PM
Well how is it working out for you? Does it require a fuel regulator? I have the T-25 turbo with an avc-r boost controller. Will I be running too rich at 16 PSI?

Rdy2race
03-15-2001, 04:40 PM
it sounds like your talking about a Supra pump as most people know it. yes it will be WAY to much you will need a Adj FPR to control it and with the t-25 your really over kill with that pump . A T25 with a hard wired 10AWG line and 30A relay will do just fine. If you already have it hole on to it B/C you can use it but you really should use the Adj Fpr so that it will run right.

Good luck

SlowRide
03-15-2001, 10:25 PM
I don't think that it is the supra pump, is it? I know the walboro flows 255 L/H, whereas the denso I bought flows like 268 L/H. So my car probably won't run right if I just install it without a regulator?

evil_eagle
03-16-2001, 12:51 PM
See slowride I told you so, I just wish you would listen to me:) Just get the wallbro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dont need a fuel pressure regulater for the wallbro.
And those flow numbers really isnt a big difference so you deffintlly wont notice a difference, other then you need a pressure regulater for the denso, so in other words you will be adjusting the regulater to run the same amount of psi as the wallbro does, waste of time and money if you ask me, and yes I think it is the supra pump. Never doubt me dude!!!!!!!:) Your going to spend more money on that pump due to the need of a pressure regulater, they cost any where from like 75 bucks to 250 bucks, depending on what one you buy, If you put that pump on with out a regulater then you might get injector surge, trust me it sucks I've hit it before......
Just trust me on this one slowride!!!!!!!!!!

SlowRide
03-16-2001, 01:06 PM
Oh Well. I'll just hang onto it until I upgrade the turbo. I'll probably just rewire the stocker for now. I am under the impression that that will make a difference. I believe the stck voltage is somewhere around 11.5. Running the pump at 14 should be better...right???

evil_eagle
03-16-2001, 01:43 PM
Thats for a 1gen, but I dont think the 2gens have much voltage problems in the pump, but check it with a volt meter just to see, check it while the car is running and check the battery to see the difference, if the battery says 14.1 v. and the pump says above like 12.5v then it's fine......

SlowRide
03-16-2001, 10:41 PM
I talked to Mike at roadraceengineering. He said that the stock pump will take anything the T-25 can dish out. He doesn't believe I should do any fuel pump upgrade until I upgrade the turbo. RRE doesn't even carry the WALMART fuel pumps because the Denso's are so much quieter.

Xanaduce
03-28-2002, 11:22 AM
Well it isn't the fact I don't like Denso, (have a used one in the box that could work for my 16g,) But I dont' like starving my fuel. As far as the re-wire goes i'm going to put in a fuse so that I can jsut pull it when i leave the car (i.e.: airport, when i take the car for soemthign i cna't do myself with specific instructions to the mechanic. Not only that I run 4 gauge, and even though stereos weigh the car down, I need something to cover that annoying whine of the walboro. Anyway my question is I ahve a friend with an F body that bought the pump and doesn't need it (new in box.) He only wants $150 for it, and i can pick it up anytime no waiting. is this a good deal, and will it work?