DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Autometer water temp gauge install help

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Gsxant 
#1 ·
ok, i got an autometer electrical water temp. gauge. i was told to tap into the singe wire sender thats on the left side of the waternec,i ran the wire straight to the gauge leaving the stock sender wire off, now the gauge seamed to be rreading fine but then after about 5minutes of driving it starts to pin n slowly move back down but pin again, , i know im not over heating beacuse the car was sitting for about 2hours before i started driving.what are my options?

#3 ·
Most of the water temp gauges I have seen have their own sender like an egt gauge. What I have seen done is you have to tap into a specific spot you want to take the temp from. I have seen people tap into the thermostat housing. You drill and tap it just like an egt gauge. Maybe your gauge isn't set up this way. It's kind of like the difference between wideband and narrow band 02 gauges. One taps into a wire, whereas the other reads directly from the sender. I think yours is the type that taps into a wire. Maybe this could be why it's inaccurate. It's hard to tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.