DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

I need new brake pads, anyone used duralast gold series cmax's?

32K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  cmspaz 
#1 ·
Well its time to replace my pads, since the previous owner decided to crack the ones that came on it and i"m thinking Duralast pads. My friend works at autozone and i know the manager pretty good, so i can get a discount and when they wear out, return them under the lifetime warranty and get new ones. My question is has anybody used the new duralast gold cmax pads, and if yes how did they work out.

I have looked at them and read about the compound, and from what i have read they seam to be a pretty damn good pad. The best part is lifetime replacement under the warranty

#5 ·
The R4-S pads suck. I installed some on a tracked Elise (the one in the sig) and they were horrible. The regular R4's were much better.

#6 ·
I put them on my Durango for a cheap replacement last August. In April they had fully chewed up my rotors. I sort of expected it. This year I'm going with Greenstuff or Hawk Pads with bigger rotors.

#8 ·
Iv'e got them on my Talon and havent had a problem they have been on there for about 6 months and the rotor looks just fine accutlly better than factory and about the whole digging in the rotor. It depends on how hard you brack If you do hard bracking for every stop light of course thier going to dig into your rotor even when you dont do the break in period. But all over all good pads in my book.

#10 ·
^ Ever think they make the rotor look "better than factory" because they're carving into it and keeping the rust off? :p

Yeah, it's about how you drive your car. The Durango is heavy and automatic. The brakes get used... often.

#11 ·
Yea when somthing digs into somthing els it usally leaves a guage or deep scratch.Mine are smooth and no rough spots and a durango usally dosn't stop very well:p. Yea I deffeinetly would not use them for track use. And with the EBC green stuff they work great but are dangerous when stoping cold but as soon as they get warm watch out.

#12 ·
*puts on flame suit*

I work at a O'Reilly Auto Parts, and as much as I hear "Lifetime warranty pads will eat up your rotors," I gotta say... every common-brand brake pad is life-time warranty. O'Reilly's house brand is Brakebest and Brakebest Select, both LT warranty, and then we carry Wagner as our name brand, also LT warranty and also what most of our commercial accounts use, on everything from Hondas and Chevrolets, to dump trucks and roll backs.

The only non-lifetime warranty pads we even stock are an economy line, simply labeled "Standard Brake". We actually encourage people not to buy these, not because they cost less, but because we don't feel like listening to an angry customer coming back in a month, complaining their car wont stop and their brakes wont stop squeeling.

Not knocking on what anyone had to say about the performance brands, just stating that if someone has a problem putting LT warranty pads on a vehicle, I'd hate to see them putting EBC pads on their old ladies Honda Odyssey. :) (But if that's what your into... it's your shit!)

#13 ·
i was debating on the ebc's, or hawks. The front rotors are as trashed as the cracked pads. I think the back rotors are ebay drilled/slotted rotors, but they came on the car. The last owner told me that the front rotors used to match the backs but they got warped so they just used regular rotors on the car. Im only saying their ebay's because i dont know the brand but she did spare no expense any where else, the electronic boost controller and 16g mitsubishi turbo swap for instance. I want replace all the rotors and pads, just do the front first.

I don't think there is anything wrong with duralast pads, their jut not the best in the world. I know their are bashed as being junk, but i don't know.

What about rotors, i want to get drilled and slotted. Does ebc or hawk mke good rotors.

As for my driving i try to be easy on my brake, being able to downshift helps. My problem is i like to drive back woods country roads every now and then. My dureent brakes are so bad that just going around about 10 minutes of country roads make them fade bad. I want a pads and rotors that wil last but wont fade when i want to hit some curves.

I also dont want to spare no expense, brakes in m opinion are one of the most important parts on your car. I would like to spend no more than 250$ for pads and rotors if possbile .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.