DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Little to no boost from the turbo!!

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  nettslash 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, i have a 95 eclipse gsx, and there is a 14b turbo on it running 15psi. (also hks super-sequential bov, could it be leaking?) I was driving down the road in first gear at only 3,000 rpm and suddenly the turbo wouldn't give me any boost, i dont beat up my car driving it so i dont know what could have gone wrong. Checked the oil it was only down a quart so im not sure if that had anything to do with it, but now when i drive it i only get a reading of like 1-2lb of psi when the peddle is floored and it wont really go up. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks, this is urgent, im supposed to be traveling 6hrs tomorrow and need to know if i should try to find another car to drive down

#3 ·
Alright great ill go see if i can try that tonight, if this isn't the issue or doesn't fix it would it still be safe to drive on a 5-6hr (one way) trip? or should i try to find another car to drive down? im not super familiar with turbos and whats good to do or not (first turbo). Thanks for your help, and ill try that tonight

#12 ·
I think most of us have had this problem make us feel dumb. It's one of those things you don't notice since it seems like the problem is more complex. Then when you see someone else going through it, you have to laugh, both at them, and yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.