DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

How to install a Rear Strut Bar?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rself 
#1 ·
Sup guys,

I currently own a 99 eclipse spyder and am considering installing front and rear strut bars. My question is the following;
1. How difficult is it to install a rear strut bar?
2. Is it something I can do myself?
3. Is it worth installing? (are there any notable differences?)
4. Is there a write up or site that offers instructions on how to do this for our cars?

Thanks

#2 ·
Rear bar looks simple only hard part might be if you want to use the plastic strut tower pieces. If you did then likley have to trim around them for the strut bar. I have'nt decided if will trim around or just leave them off. I have dremel so its pretty easy to trim neatly and make it look good.

#3 ·
Strut bars are very simple to install which is why there aren't many writeups. Once you get access to the top of the rear struts you will need to remove one (or more depending on the strut bar) of the nuts. Which nut(s) you need to remove depends on the strut bar. Then place the strut bar over the bolt(s) and screw the nut back on.

I had an RRE bar that was just a bit long. Nothing a lil muscle and a rubber mallet couldn't fix. Some of the differences I noticed was that my chassis doesn't twist much any more during turns and going up/down my driveway.

#4 ·
Really simple, really easy, and good install. I have Front and Rear Upper Strut bars. And Rear Lower strut bar. I can take corners faster, keeps my car on teh road better. i like it alot. On the RS its just 2 bolts on teh rears and 3 on the fronts. really easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.