DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

My right turn signal blinks faster than my left. Why?

13K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  op712 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i just recently noticed that when ever i turn on my right turn signal it will blink really fast. But, when i turn on my left turn signal it will blink normally. Why is this happening and what can i do to fix the right turn signal? Thanks

#6 ·
Whats weird though is sometime the blinker will blink normally but MOST of the time it will blink very fast. I know for a fact that the front turn signal blinks fast but i do not know if the rear one does. Is it really that necessary to check ALL of the bulbs or just the right side? Thanks for your guys help

#9 ·
Probably a bad bulb or a diffrent kind of bulb. There are resistors built in that make it blink faster when there is a resistance diffrence in the front and rear bulb. It is to let you know a bulb is out but it doesnt know the diffrence in a blown bulb and a lower resistance bulb ( LED bulbs will make it blink faster if they arent used front and rear) . Mine blink fast because of that but I wanted it that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.