DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com - View Single Post - have anybody ever tried to "groove" the head?

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact UsStore

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

Notices

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 05:27 AM   #1
mikyrc
Super DSMtalker

'91 Talon AWD
mikyrc's Gallery
have anybody ever tried to "groove" the head?

I've been reading about that grooving method and i was wondering if anyone of you guys have ever tried or know of somebody that has with goo results?

It seems that you can run more boost or compression ratio without detonation????

Here there's the info:
http://somender-singh.com/content/view/7/49/

photos

Sorry if that topic was already posted before. I did search but didn't find anything.

This is taken from a forum in UK:
Quote:
Over the last two years I have grooved heads for more than twenty engines, I lost count. Most of these are performance or race only Generation I, II or III SBC. At first the results appeared to be rather vague, until I realized what was happening. The best way to describe it is: this modification improves the quality combustion to a point that it changes the characteristics of the engine. The limits of the engine are altered, the modification allows higher compression with out detonation, lean burn and ignition advance limits are changed and warm up periods are reduced. Fuel enrichment functionally can be reduced or eliminated completely.
More info:
http://pesn.com/2005/10/13/9600187_D...tion_Chambers/

What do you guys think?
1997 Mitsu Eclipse GST (SOLD)
mikyrc is offline   Reply With Quote