DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Poor acceleration/ sluggish

5K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Blackmage 
#1 ·
My recently purchased 92 Talon TSI Automatic is just running like it is pulling a heavy trailer. It is bone stock .The Turbo boosts up just fine the waste gate functions properly. I have checked everywhere for a boost/vacuum leak and cannot find anything. The plugs and wires are new. I have replaced turbo gaskets, removed the cat and replaced it with a test pipe. It just does not accelerate like it should. It does not have idle surge, but you can feel a surge at about 20-30 mph. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.

#10 ·
When I first got my car going it seems like it was sluggish or being held back a little. I pulled my cat out and it looked clogged so gutted it out and it helped out quite a bit.

#13 ·
not yet i doo need to replace the spark wires n sparks them self which im doing in the next week

but i just noticed i had no tranny fluid what so ever and that could explain why its felt slugish

so me and my boy filled that up a min ago the turbo kicks in at 20 now

might wanna do everything everyone is saying brotha friedicow

#14 ·
The turbo kicks in at 20? 20 what and why do you think that number changed when you put in tranny fluid?

Check your base timing. Pressurize the intake tract and fix any and all boost leaks. If the sensors are old or not spec'ing right replace the front O2 sensor and the knock sensor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.