DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

CWC EP4604 what kind of camshafts are these?

32K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  White91TalonTsi 
#1 ·
Ive searched yahoo, google, dsmsource and other webistes to no avail. Maybe you guys could help me out.

I'll have some pictures up in a few minutes.

The intake/exhaust cams have 5 markings total. Closest to the cam gear are C2 and D2 then in the middle of the cam is E11 finally towards the CAS end of the camshaft it has cwc on one side and ep4606 on the other side.

Exhaust cam is identical except for the 1st marking is C1 D1 instead of d2/c2.

Anyone have any ideas? I put the part number ep4606 into the crower and comp website with no results. :confused:

Nomie

#5 ·
#6 ·
Alrite..its finally working, but it doesn't seem to help much. They could either be Web's or Comp cams from what Ive seen so far. The Web's are usally marked 'web' these aren't. Other than that I can't really say for sure.

What should I do?

Nomie

#11 ·
I believe that these are Crower (not BC) cams. The 280 versions. There is actually a set on ebay right now, and they have the EP4604 markings on them as well. Check them out, and email the guy to see if you can get some more pics of the other markings as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ecli...019QQitemZ290080888361QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Hope this helps. And if they are the Crowers, then you have a VERY nice set of cams there.

#13 · (Edited)
alright, thanks VERY much for the help guys, both of you, RippinGSX and projecTSI. :) I appreciate you even taking the trouble to take your valvecover off..but I don't think it will be necessary! :p

Here is some general information I found..

the smallest crower cams (64412) have good idle, power 2500-7000
the mid cams (64413) have lopey idle great power 4000-7500rpm
the 64414 are rough idle and best power 4500-8500

the crower 64412 are comparable to the HKS264

the crower 64413 are comparable to the HKS272

Im pretty sure that these are Crower cams now. VERY sure. I believe mine are the 413 Stage 2's, my cousin always used to say stage 2.

What can I do to verify that these are 4412's or 4413's? I would like to mention that I have an electronic micrometer..

Nomie

#14 ·
Duration @ .050" Gross Lift w/1.7
188 Lobe 188 .391" inch .372"
204 Valve 204 9.93 mm 9.45

Those are specs for the 64412. I don't know what they mean.

Here are specs for the 64413.

195 Lobe 196 .393" inch .379"
211 Valve 221 9.98 mm 9.63

As stated before, I do have a digital micrometer..:confused: is there anything I can do? Thanks

LInk:
http://www.crower.com/cat/import/mitsu/cams/camshafts.shtml

Nomie

#16 · (Edited)
All the markings you are looking at are casting markings, they are from whatever company provides there cores. If they are crowers they should have whatever grind number they are engraved in the cam gear end, if not there the CAS side. Check the ends for smaller, not as easy to see engravings. I have had a few sets of Crowers for Hondas and Mitsus and they were engraved like I just said.

GSXspeeddemon said:
did you ever figure out if they where 4413 or 4412s?
I am willing to bet that whatever grind Crower cams you have, they will all have the same markings since it is casting manufature marking. They get new cores and then grind them to whatever there specs are. You need to look for somthing more specific like the grind number engraved in one of the ends.

#17 ·
These are my brand new BC 272's.
This is the casting number. All my journals have similar numbers on them too.

THIS, is what you need to be looking for. This is the grind #
(In this case its BC 101-EX And 180* on the other side is BFU5)

These are the numbers that matter. They are very small. VERY small and etched lightly in the portion you see in the picture.
This is where you'll find your answer.

:cool:

#22 ·
These cams are REAL nice. They make the 4g63 roar at WOT. The reason I'm going considering selling them is because they are a little too big for my setup. I'm on a 14b and nearly stock fuel.

Let me ask a quick question..is there a real difference between the regular crowers and the bc's? Ive read that they are supposedly the same, but how come these are so much more expensive and how come these have different markings on them?

Nomie

#23 ·
They actually look like comp cams to me...look exactly like my FP2's but with a different part number of course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.