DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Where can I buy a rear strut plate/strut cup

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  shott17 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just hit a really big pothole and broke the rear strut plate/strut cup not sure what its called. Its the piece thats connected to the strut mount and pretty much the body of the car. My car is a 2g non turbo. Where can I find this piece? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Sorry for the double post (Mods you can edit this into my first message) but I found out what the part is called. Its called a rear upper strut mounting plate. Heres a link to it that I found on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopa...013QQitemZ230052568402QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Can someone tell me a place where I can maybe find a pair of these a bit cheaper? Also, a dealer part number would be good, thanks a lot in advance guys.

#8 ·
Hey man thanks for the part number. Also how exactly did you reach that part number in caps? I tried to look for it but once i reach the rear suspension it just shows the rear sub frame. Will this part be the same for AWD and FWD.

Eddie

#5 ·
Rutilus Formido said:
Try welding it back together with a piece of metal underneath it.
This will not only save money (which is a huge plus with DSMers), but will also give you a cool, corner-to-corner, tilted look, since welding anything onto the top or bottom of the plate will raise that corner of the car (by pushing the plate down or lowering the top of the spring, respectively).

- Jtoby

#6 ·
jtmcinder said:
This will not only save money (which is a huge plus with DSMers), but will also give you a cool, corner-to-corner, tilted look, since welding anything onto the top or bottom of the plate will raise that corner of the car (by pushing the plate down or lowering the top of the spring, respectively).

- Jtoby
Exactly what I've always wanted.

#7 ·
Alright guys. I got the part replaced, bought it at the stealership and installed it with a friends help. Ended up to be around 80 bucks all together (Including beer).

#10 · (Edited)
I did not want to start a new thread without searching. Once i did a preliminary search it yielded this thread as the first option. As i saw people were seeking exactly what i was unable to find in CAPS i immediately went ahead and posted a question to the member regarding the procedure to reach those results. At no point did i look to check the date of the post, nor did I verify the activity of the member who i quoted. I'll revise the rules and will never post on a thread older than 3.99 years.

Eddie Rosado

#11 ·
i immediately went ahead and posted a question to the member regarding the procedure to reach those results. At no point did i look to check the date of the post, nor did I verify the activity of the member who i quoted.

We have a better means of doing this. It is called the PM system. Im glad you searched by all means, but you did not need to resurect a thread for no other reason than to publicly PM someone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.