DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1g pop up headlight drivers help me!

7K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  DSM Rook 
#1 ·
I need help on how to fix the pop up headlight. I noticed the driver side pop up headlight does not have the link cable from the headlight motor to the headlight itself. How do I go about putting a new one on? Do I remove the headlight and add it through there or will I need to remove the PS reservoir and windshield wiper reservoir?

#2 ·
Its not a cable, its a short threaded rod with a socket on each end. These sockets go onto a ball end, one on the pop up, one on the motor arm. If its not sitting somewhere you'll need to find a used one or maybe contact someone like JNZ Tuning or dealer if they are even still avalible.
I do believe you can get to them with out removing anything. Put a little greese on the ball sockets, put the one on the light first. I just use a large flat screw driver to pop/pry them on. Set it over the ball, and using the screwdriver just kinda lever it on. Then line up the side with the motor and do the same.

#9 ·
Ok I sprayed the hinges with WD 40 removed the rod and start moving it up and down to get the WD40 worked in there now the headlight pops up now. :D

#11 ·
Only thing about Lithium grease is it tends to attract dirt which may lead to binding. (I say this because I live off a dirt road :() I have some stuff from Wurth that works nice. At work we use silicon spray which I have mixed feelings of. If anything try the white litium grease in a spray can, just use sparingly and clean any excess.

I tend to spray my hinges once a year mainly towards winter. Spend a day look over the car, spray headlights, door hinges. Give it some tlc :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.