DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

SAFC dash installation

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  shadrach 
#1 ·
Anyone have any info/tips on installing the Apexi 2nd generation S-AFC directly below an aftermarket single DIN stereo?

I've seen plenty of pics of it, but was curious about fitment issues or the like before actually attempting the install.

#3 ·
I just installed mine the other day. I think the wiring diagram that is posted above is incorrect. As you probably know, we are using the Karmann selection for our cars. The Karman wiring diagram is a little different. The above wiring diagram is for the hotwire and other option not related to your car. You can go to apexi's website, download the us manual, and it has pretty straghtforward installation instructions there. Hope this clears things up.

#4 ·
GSX Playboy said:
I just installed mine the other day. I think the wiring diagram that is posted above is incorrect. As you probably know, we are using the Karmann selection for our cars. The Karman wiring diagram is a little different. The above wiring diagram is for the hotwire and other option not related to your car. You can go to apexi's website, download the us manual, and it has pretty straghtforward installation instructions there. Hope this clears things up.

I dunno if this matters about the karman or not but thats for a NT.

#5 ·
According to Apexi's site, all eclipse models use the Karman setting and wiring diagram. this is why the Air Flow and Pressure function do not work for the eclipses.. at least, to my knowledge. The hotwire install is for cars listed such as the skyline, sylvia.. and some others.. don't really remember them all.. hope this clears things up..

http://www.apexi-usa.com/productdocumentation/electronics_safc_us_update.pdf

#6 ·
That's a damn nice way to install it. I never thought about doing it like that before. I may have to attempt this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.