DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Sirrion's 07-08 Build

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  sirrion 
#1 ·

This is my project that I'm about to start it's a 90 awd 5spd, and hopefully have about done when next summer rolls around(will be DD). I have not yet to think about my build list but I've been thinking about 500-550 on pump gas when its done. I'm currently cleaning a section of my friend's garage out so i can start the body work with him, he's a V dub fan with a GTI VR6.

Exterior: So far I've been thinking about going with a light blue color, with rota d2's, and brake upgrades with drilled and slotted rotor's front and back.

Interior: Racing seats, 4 or 5 point racing harnesses, rear gutted, Roll cage

Engine: no idea on what the internals are gonna be yet...but will be relocate battery to trunk, fuse box in glove box no PS alternator relocate to rear of block

That's about as far as I have thought, but any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks for looking,
Sirrion

See less See more
#4 ·
sirrion said:
This is my project that I'm about to start it's a 90 awd 5spd, and hopefully have about done when next summer rolls around(will be DD). I have not yet to think about my build list but I've been thinking about 500-550 on pump gas when its done. I'm currently cleaning a section of my friend's garage out so i can start the body work with him, he's a V dub fan with a GTI VR6.

Exterior: So far I've been thinking about going with a light blue color, with rota d2's, and brake upgrades with drilled and slotted rotor's front and back.

Interior: Racing seats, 4 or 5 point racing harnesses, rear gutted, Roll cage

Engine: no idea on what the internals are gonna be yet...but will be relocate battery to trunk, fuse box in glove box no PS alternator relocate to rear of block

That's about as far as I have thought, but any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks for looking,
Sirrion
what would your race car look like then?

swade

#7 ·
It seems you are sure about everything except the major part, the motor setup haha

Make sure you throw a 4-bolt rear end in there, and have fun DD'ing the Talon with a full roll cage and No PS....

Thats cool your buddy has an 11.3 second DD dsm, but if your only shooting for those kinda times theres no point in building a roll cage for it and destroying all the nice DD qualities (not complaining tho with my gutted rear, no a/c, etc etc)

#10 · (Edited)
Engine:
Piston and Rod Combo still in the air
Fidanza 4G63 Cam Gears
Fp3 camshaft's
Clevite bearings
Eagle Crank 88MM Stroke
Arp Rods
Topline Complete Gasket Kit
Cosmetic Gasket
Poly Motor Mounts

Unorthodox Ultra A Alternator pulleys
Fluidampr Mitsubishi 4G63 Crank Pulley

Head:
Fidanza 4G63 Cam Gears
Fp3 camshaft's
Revised lifters
Mitsubishi Stock Rocker Arm
SI Dual Springs w/ Manley Titanium Retainers
Ferrea Steel Valve Locks
Ferrea Valve Stem Seals
Bronze Valve Guides
Ferrea Competition Plus Valves 1mm Over

Ignition:
NGK PLUGS
NGK Wires

Managment:
Link or AEM EMS

Cooling:
Fluidyne Radiator
Power Enterprise 1.3 Bar Radiator Cap
Slim Fan 14"

Fuel:
Injector Size: 1000cc
Fuel Rail: Aeromotive (-8 an)
Fuel Filter
Walbro 225 LPH
Fuel Feed Line Kit (Filter to Rail)
FPR Push-Lock Return Line Kit

Turbo:
FP Red
Greddy RS BOV
Manual Boost Controller
HKS type 0 turbo timer
Tial 44mm Wastegate

Intake:
1G Race Front Mount Intercooler Kit
RRE Catch Can
Magnus SMIM
75mm Magnus TB
1g Blow Thru Curved Intake Pipe

Exhaust:
VRS 1G DSM Turbo Back Exhaust 3"
DNP Exhaust Manifold or Evo 3
SBR 2.5" S.S. O2 and Dump Tube for Tial 44mm

Suspension:
Tein SS-P with Pillow Ball Mounts
RMDSM Stabilizer Bars 1g
Front and Rear Strut Bar

Drivetrain:
TRE Build Tranny
Big Brake Kit
Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Fidanza 6 Bolt Aluminum Flywheel
ACT 2600 with Street Disc

Gauges:...reduing my gauge cluster
Brand of Gauges unknow problly Defi
Boost
Oil Press and temp
Intake Temp
EGT
NGK wideband
Nitrous Press
Water Temp
Oil Temp
Fuel Press
Fuel Level

Nitrous:
Sneaky Pete

Meth Inj:
Snow Performance Boost Cooler Mitsubishi Stage-2 Meth Injection Systems

I Think thats my list...I'd rather over do then under do it. Pretty much have most of the money saved up for all these parts, but over the winter ill be able to get the rest. If you see anything i missed please let me know

#11 ·
Crazy build! Altho, if I was going to run EMS I would run a Tial 50mm BOV for sure! I don't like GM MAF setups so I wouldnt recommend running one but if you do a blow-thru UICP setup like that, I would also run the Tial

For the FP Red price, I would choose an FP30 or FP35 series turbo; Possibly a FP3065 or a FP3575 (a little big)....A good in between would be like a Garrett/PTE 35r or whatnot..If you do get the FP series turbo tho, you can now have the awesome V-band FP ss o2 housing as well

I thought FP3's were more of a stroker cam? Most people do great with just FP2 setups, altho with your headwork I'd say swing for the FP2x

#13 ·
Topline Complete Gasket Kit
I'd go with OEM Mitsu, can't go wrong.

Walbro 255lph
You might think about something a little bigger if you're going with anything bigger than a Red. Those are great pumps for about 500ishwhp MAX. Anything more and you'll need to upgrade.

I didn't see it listed, but you're are going to need a Fuel Pressure Regulator with gauge as well.

:)

#14 ·
1993AWDTsi said:
I'd go with OEM Mitsu, can't go wrong.

You might think about something a little bigger if you're going with anything bigger than a Red. Those are great pumps for about 500ishwhp MAX. Anything more and you'll need to upgrade.

I didn't see it listed, but you're are going to need a Fuel Pressure Regulator with gauge as well.

:)

I forgot to mention that i was gonna do a Bosch in line pump also, and theres a kit on SBR what get you everything from the tank with a -6an line to filter and regulator to fuel rail

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.