DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

my flashy 2001 3G GT

5K views 69 replies 32 participants last post by  AWD Terror 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
spdjnky said:
I will not say anything mean
you have more strength than me :rice:

seriously though BigAl posting pics of a 3g thats been riced up on a DSM board is brave. i hope you have a flame suit on. atleast this isnt in the lounge. they would rip you apart in there.

#12 ·
Raped said:
how fast is it?
with the sig "It's a stock Talon with the Turbo Timer Set at 14 pounds, thing probably runs mid 14s, Do you want to run it?"

Now this doesn't really have much to do with Ronalds car, but I'm pretty sure your car doesn't run mid 14's with a turbo timer. It might if you turned the BOOST CONTROLLER up to 14 lbs but not the tt. Granted your tt and boost controller might be the same unit, but the turbo timer isn't what controls boost. And since I have an NT, I don't really want to run it, although you might want to race me on foot, you'll probably win. Just some sarcasm to easy the wrath Ronald is going to recieve.

#13 ·
streetlethal976 said:

with the sig "It's a stock Talon with the Turbo Timer Set at 14 pounds, thing probably runs mid 14s, Do you want to run it?"

Now this doesn't really have much to do with Ronalds car, but I'm pretty sure your car doesn't run mid 14's with a turbo timer. It might if you turned the BOOST CONTROLLER up to 14 lbs but not the tt. Granted your tt and boost controller might be the same unit, but the turbo timer isn't what controls boost. And since I have an NT, I don't really want to run it, although you might want to race me on foot, you'll probably win. Just some sarcasm to easy the wrath Ronald is going to recieve.
It's a quote. He knows how a turbo car works.

#14 ·
i've already heard ALL the ricer comments and mcdonalds comments, so it really doesnt affect me any. i am new to dsm talk and thought i would just share my all show car. if you dont like it thats fine. but, flashy looks get a lot more attention than any performance part would, and thats why i like my eclipse. theres not too much you can do to the 3g to make it remotely fast, so for now or until i i can afford a $5,000 supercharger that would kill any z-28 or 5.0, i will stick with the show and shine.

#17 ·
BigAl95 said:
i've already heard ALL the ricer comments and mcdonalds comments, so it really doesnt affect me any. i am new to dsm talk and thought i would just share my all show car. if you dont like it thats fine. but, flashy looks get a lot more attention than any performance part would, and thats why i like my eclipse. theres not too much you can do to the 3g to make it remotely fast, so for now or until i i can afford a $5,000 supercharger that would kill any z-28 or 5.0, i will stick with the show and shine.
I personally think "show and shine" is fine. But why not do it tastefully? I mean, that may be your taste but have you realized why so many have not agreed on the way you made your car? There are "show" cars, then there are "show"-cars-in-progress... imo, your's is neither. Not bashing, but I'd just redo alot of what you've done and try to rethink the color scheme with something that doesn't "FLASH" in a bad way. Just my .02 :eek:

#18 ·
streetlethal976 said:

It's running more than 14 pounds and it doesn't run 14's ;)

#20 ·
I didn't mean to bash anyone, but I'm tired of seeing turbo timers referred to as boost controllers. Its one of the things that disturb me, kind of like same difference. I wish i had a turbo and I didn't mean to wreck on anyone, haha and yes, turboawdtsi, i know how a turbo car works, the lil spinny snail looking thing puts air into the big thing with cylinders and it makes powah and the extra powah goes out the pipe with the shiny tip on it. Sorry if I offended anyone. Raped, whats it running now?

#21 ·
I'm from Kalamazoo and I see this Eclipse like 2 or 3 times a week. BigAl, happen to remember a blue turbo Laser (not many around here) next to you one time on Westnedge? I believe you were on a celli at the time, so you probably don't. Well, I wanted to race you, cuz I was bored. Your car DOES get attention, so that's good, and it looks nice, IMO. I just like 1st gen. the best because of the balance of looks, cost and performance.:cool:

#23 ·
Justiven said:
I'm from Kalamazoo and I see this Eclipse like 2 or 3 times a week. BigAl, happen to remember a blue turbo Laser (not many around here) next to you one time on Westnedge? I believe you were on a celli at the time, so you probably don't. Well, I wanted to race you, cuz I was bored. Your car DOES get attention, so that's good, and it looks nice, IMO. I just like 1st gen. the best because of the balance of looks, cost and performance.:cool:
thanks justiven, i really dont remember you but if i noticed you i prolly woulda challenged you. i usuallywont back down from anything regardless what it is, i just like to see the true performance of some cars. i know my car isnt that fast and i dont brag about it being that fast, but i know it can hold its own. also to everyone else, i know there is a difference between a "show" car, and mine. but i just concentrate on CHEAP show mods. you see, when you buy a brand new car, you really cant afford the really nice show mods. when i get my car payed off (3years) i will start to buy the better mods (whells, tires, bodykit, spoiler, lowering) i dont think any of you 1g's, 2g's, lasers, talons have a $800 a month payment for car and insurance do you? so until then, i will stick with my flashy CHEAP mods. :)

#24 ·
well.. lets look at the bright side.. i like the... uh... well the ....uhm.... you know that thingy that the...uh.... i like the leather seats! :)

#26 ·
All show and no go is great until some little guy in a honda comes up next to you and smokes you! i'm sorry but as a dsm owner if i ever loose to a honda i will max out my credit cards to make sure it doesnt happen again! the only one i've ever lost to is a friend of mine with a GSR w/ NOS (75) and a turbo kit so i was like " ok.... thats fair"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.