DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

MBC install question.

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  K_Mans_TSI 
#1 ·
I searched, but came up with nothing, so although I'm sure everyone has seen this a million times...sorry.

I get that the boost controller goes from the wastegate actuator to the turbo/intake-before-TB. But on my stock setup, do I delete the electrical thing in line with the wastegate, the solenoid, i think? It's the small device under the intake, the one you do the restrictor mod on, if you don't know what I mean.

#6 ·
Okay, one more stupid question...

On my specific controller, http://www.hopupracing.com/tumabocofcos.html

It shows two arrows on the screw. A plus, and a minus. I assumed the plus meant turn this way for more boost, minus the opposite. However, according to what I've read, you turn out, like loosening a screw to take the boost as low as the controller allows. This seems backwards on my MBC, because of the arrow directions.

I just don't want to mistakenly turn it all the way up and wind up toasting something.

#10 ·
Thanks a lot, bert. The pictures on that thread though, when I click them, it takes me to the imageshack sign-up page. Do I have to have an account to see the full-sized picture?

And I've already installed the controller. I turned it a few clicks in on the screw and drove it. It seemed great, a little more peppy maybe, but that could also be because of the exhaust system I just installed.

I went to drive it a few minutes ago however, and it was acting terrible! Whenever it started to build boost, it would surge and clunk and made me think the thing was coming apart. I'm guessing it's because of something I did, but I can't figure out what it may be. When driving in the low rpm though, (no boost I guess) it acted fine.

My journey with DSMs is starting on a good foot, I guess :chair:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.