DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Power Door Lock Problem(s)

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Brett95GST 
#1 ·
Well for around 4 months now my whole power door lock system has not been working. Whenever I try and press the keyless locking button the locks TRY and move but only moves like half way then it stops, and the fuse blows. Does anyone else have this problem, and know somehow to fix it? I have tried peeling back the plastic film, and looking at the lock, but I can't see anything to take apart so I just sprayed a lot of WD40 in there...and it didn't fix it. I just don't see why it keeps blowing fuses after like 1-2 presses on the keyless entry system.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

:D

#2 ·
My car does the same thing, only does not blow the fuse. It trys to lock, and stops about half way because it seems it dosen't have enough power. I'm pretty sure its because I need new power lock motors. Maybe your motors are so worn they're shorting out and blowing the fuse!?:dunno:

#3 ·
Its a common problem with the passenger side I know the gears strip and then it has a hard time going all the way. Otherwise the shaft that goes to the actual lock sticks or gets pinched and thats what causes the stripped gears in the first place

#5 ·
i have that problem too! grr i just got my alpine alarm installed and it kinda defeats the purpose of keyless entry, i took my door panal off, and wd-40'ed it, didnt, work, got pissed off and starting bending that rod thing, well it goes the whole way in now, but doesnt lock, it was working fine, then my car got broken into and the people that fixed my window musta fucked something up, they ARE fixing it, and they ARE going to pay for it.

#6 ·
stretch415 said:
Its a common problem with the passenger side I know the gears strip and then it has a hard time going all the way. Otherwise the shaft that goes to the actual lock sticks or gets pinched and thats what causes the stripped gears in the first place

If that is the case, how can you go about trying to remove that piece to try and replace it. When I rip apart the plastic film I just see a white box with the metal cable attaching to one part of it. I can't find anywhere where I can actually try and take something apart. I tried looking in the DSM manual...but it really has nothing of value in there at all.

Man, I don't want to have to resort to taking this to the dealer and getting charged like $500 to fix it!!!

#7 ·
GSXtsy said:
My car does the same thing, only does not blow the fuse. It trys to lock, and stops about half way because it seems it dosen't have enough power. I'm pretty sure its because I need new power lock motors. Maybe your motors are so worn they're shorting out and blowing the fuse!?:dunno:
Mine did the same same too. I did not blow fuses so it was probably a bigger problem than mine. My linkage was rubbing alittle on the passenger side when i pulled off the door pannel. My motor seems very weak so any rubbing made the doors not lock. You can see if you have the same thing put if you are blowing fuses, you probably have a bigger problem on your hands.

#9 ·
GSXtsy said:
How did you fix it? Did you have to buy new motors?

I didn't notice any rubbing when I took the door panel off. I'm thinking I'll have to replace the whole motor:dunno:
I just found where it was rubbing. It was where the metal linkage goes through the plastic cover behind the door pannel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.