DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

motor mount bracket question

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  RippinGSX 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a 1g FWD and Im dropping in a 6-bolt from an AWD. I was wondering if the motor mount brackets that are connected to the engine itself are different because Im having some allignment issues.

TIA

#4 ·
When I was dropping my engine in(a 6 bolt) I kind of had a hard time too. I had bolt up what I could and then rotate the hoist around and back and forth to get the rest to line up.

#8 · (Edited)
Both of the brackets that bolt to the engine on the block are different between the FWD and AWD cars. CAPS shows different part number for the engine mounted brackets between the D27A (AWD) and D22A(FWD) cars.

I ran into the same issue when I tried to install a block from a 90 Laser Turbo into my Galant VR4. I had to swap out the brackets on the engine closest to the radiator and the firewall before everything lined up perfectly. If it's taking you an hour or more to get an engine lined up in the bay, you might want to check the brackets. The brackets have part numbers stamped into them, so they should be easy to identify them as applicable to a FWD or AWD using CAPS or calling your local Mitsu dealer. Hope this helps.

Per CAPS, these are the part numbers I got for the R/H and L/H engine mount brackets for a 5 speed car.
FWD:
MD133346
MD136194

AWD:
MD133347
MD136195

#10 ·
BluFalcon16G said:
Both of the brackets that bolt to the engine on the block are different between the FWD and AWD cars. CAPS shows different part number for the engine mounted brackets between the D27A (AWD) and D22A(FWD) cars.

I ran into the same issue when I tried to install a block from a 90 Laser Turbo into my Galant VR4. I had to swap out the brackets on the engine closest to the radiator and the firewall before everything lined up perfectly. If it's taking you an hour or more to get an engine lined up in the bay, you might want to check the brackets. The brackets have part numbers stamped into them, so they should be easy to identify them as applicable to a FWD or AWD using CAPS or calling your local Mitsu dealer. Hope this helps.
If your talking about me taking an hour, try getting those damn things to slide over Prothanes without some issues. I have the correct brackets as mine was a direct swap same for same but much better.

#11 ·
Easy there Chief, don't get so wound up. I wasn't taking a shot at you.

Like I said, I ran into the same problem. The block I was using came from a FWD and I didn't change the brackets out because the guy I got the block from claimed it came out of an AWD car. I wrestled with the thing for about twenty minutes before I realized there was no way that the engine was going to line up with the mounts in my engine bay. Since I knew the engine mounts were from the right car, the only other thing that could be wrong was the brackets on the block. Once I swapped out the brackets, I had the engine three pointed in 10 minutes. I just installed a set of ProThanes in my 92 and also put the ones in my 90 on. I know they don't have too much give and everything needs to be lined up just right.

RippinGSX said:
If your talking about me taking an hour, try getting those damn things to slide over Prothanes without some issues. I have the correct brackets as mine was a direct swap same for same but much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.