DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

For those into classics: My grandpa's '38 Cadillac

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  4g63 kid 
#1 ·
Well, like I've said before, I'm obsessed with pictures. Today we stopped by my grandpa's for mothers day and I happened to have my camera in my car so I snapped some pictures of my grandpa's ALMOST finished project, his 1938 Cadillac La Salle. We've estimated he's restored at least 100 cars, and not about to stop, even at age 82 or so.

Here's how it looked when he picked it up (sorry for the crappy quality, its a picture of a picture)

And Now, well a rear shot, its ALMOST complete.

The seats, my grandma does the leather for all the cars my Grandpa restores

The rumble seat

A nice shot of the $9,000 paintjob :eek:

Aint it purty?

Ignore the dirty white walls :D

See less See more
#6 ·
I spent Christmas Eve '77 rebuilding a '38 Cadillac V-8. One of my best Christmases ever.

They used _two_ of those V-8s in the M-24 Chaffee light tank.

Somehow, I don't think that was your grandma's first project- she seems to do _really_ good work.

#8 ·
Defiant said:

Somehow, I don't think that was your grandma's first project- she seems to do _really_ good work.
Not even close! My mom has estimated that he's restored at least 100 cars in his life. This one is super clean and he's already had someone offer him $40k cash before the bumpers were on and the interior was finished :eek:

#12 ·
all i can say is.......:eek: gotta appreciate a restored classic.... damn thats a beautiful car!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.