DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

SP 2006 rule changes intrepretations?

684 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jtmcinder 
#1 ·
Ok was reading through the new rule book and it had an updated section pertaining to boost regulation. The rule states that a boost regulation device can be used and pressure changes resulting from this are allowed. So my initial understanding is that boost controllers are now allowed in the sp class. However, when I kept reading I noticed they do not allow for pulley changes on superchargers. Now to me that seems a little unfair to let turbo cars increase boost, but not SCed cars. Now an older rule is still in effect saying we can't mess with the wastegate, which would also raise boost and effectively do the same thing as a "boost regulation" device. Can someone whose actually entered into an SP race this season verify the actual meaning of the new revision? Also I was a little fuzzy on the emissions system rules. I've had several people tell me that I can remove lines and the actual egr vavle, but the rule book says the system can be disabled but not removed. I'm a very honest person so I dont want to break rules, even if its accidentally.

#2 ·
My interpertation of the EGR rule means it can be disconnected or modified to make it not functional as long as it is still present.
My suugestion would be to remove the EGR and place a block off plate behind it. Then reinstall it with all the hoses still attached. The valve itself will still function, but the block off plate will prevent the exhaust gas from entering the intake. Hot gas with low oxygen content is bad for power production an is the primary reson for removing or disabling an EGR.

#3 ·
Apples and oranges.

With regard to the wastegate, you can't touch it. You can replace the BCS with any boost controller you wish, but it must end up controlling an unmolested wastegate.

All emissions can be removed in SP. So you can block off your EGR any way you wish. How you could "interpret" the rules any other way is beyond me.

- Jtoby

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.