DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

4G64 to 4G63t IAC Wiring Diagram

13K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  4g64turbospyder 
#1 ·
For those of you 96/97 Spyder owners trying to swap out your 4G64 throttle body for the 4g63 NA or 4g63 turbo throttle body, in order to have the 4g63 IAC work, you must rewire the 6-pin rectangle 4g64 connector to work with the 6-pin square 4g63 connector. I have attached my wiring diagram for all who have been trying to figure it out.

NOTE: This diagram ONLY pertains to those 96/97 4g64 Spyder owners who have already swapped in the turbo ECU. Also, the green/yellow pin1 wire and black pin3 wire on the 4g64 connector are NOT used. The 4g63 IAC uses two +12v sources to power the 4g63 IAC (pin2 and pin5 on the 4g63 connector) from tapping into the power wire on the crank sensor and the power wire on the MFI relay. The 4g64 does not use this setup.

I have not run into any issues with this setup yet, however, I cannot account for any long-term issues since I did this fairly recently. Let me know what everyone thinks!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.