DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

2nd Gen MAF on 1st Gen

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  dsmbuilder 
#1 ·
sorry if this is a common question but i looked for an answer. Besides wiring do i have to do anything to my ECU to put a 2nd gen Mass air sensor on my 1st gen:confused: . Oh yea what will dumping my BOV straight to atmosphere do to my ECU without a HKS VPC? :confused:

#2 ·
yah, you have to figger out how to make the ecu increase injector flow by about 20%, then you need to figger out how to get the injectors to flow more, then you need to figger out how to supply more fuel to the injectors. most people put in bigger injectors, fuel pump, and an afc, or some other fuel controller. a logger is very handy to tie it all together. to run just the 2g mas without the supporting cast will lean out the motor and destroy it.

#3 ·
The most common combination is 550cc/min injectors coupled with the 2G MAs. This combination can be used even without a fuel computer as the additional fuel provided by the 550s is close to being balanced out by the additional airflow of the 2G MAS. It is suggested to use an AFC to get everything in tune but the car will run without a fuel computer.

Besides wiring up the MAS plug I don't think there is anything else electrical required.

#4 ·
hey,
thanks everyone for all of you help and information. I've been using this site for only a couple weeks and have found it to be the most usefulsite to locate dsm stuff and info about them. i've owned my car for about a year and have been to many different sites and this is the best one yet. well thanks again.:scholar:

#6 ·
as for the dumping the bov to the atmosphere, its gonna make ur car run like 100% complete and utter crap!

#9 ·
true, it won't run that bad, only under decel, and sometimes at light throttle cruising speeds when there isn't enough pressure to keep the box closed opposed to the boost. Other than that if your bov is sealed, it will run alright. I don't do it hovever, no reason really, unless you are a fan of rice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.