DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Metal Head Gasket Or FelPro??

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Grovlet 
#1 ·
I just got my shortblock back from the machine shop and they are telling me that they WILL NOT warranty the motor if I use the Metal Head Gasket I got from RRE.

I have an upgraded fuel pump (190 LHP) with stock injectors and ECU. I am running a smal 16G in the 14G Housing. I plan on a few rumbles on the street every once in a while, and a few passes at the track, but mostly the car is a fun daily driver. With that in mind I figure to run around 16-17 PSI.

Now the question is does anyone feel that the FelPro Gasket will fail if I run those boost levels ???

I just really want to know if breaking the warranty on the motor is worth it just to use the Metal Head Gasket??

Thanks,

Eric:confused:

#3 ·
I dont think your setup warrants a metal HG. The oem HG has stood up to a lot more abuse that what you are looking at. However, I wouldnt go with a felpro either. Go to www.partznet.com and you should be able to get an oem HG for about $50 right now I thinik.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Thanks Everyone:),

I was pretty much there in the decision not to use the Metal Gasket, but I just needed some input to confirm this.

I actually have an OEM as well, they just suggested the FelPro over that. So OEM it is!

Thanks,

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.