DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Can a heater core cause the car to overheat ??

4K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  UPSJoKeR 
#1 ·
Hey I just have a quick question, can the heater core in a 2g awd turbo cause the car to slightly overheat if it is clogged ??

ALSO another thing I noticed is that if I'm in a carwash with the heat on I would see some coolant dripping on the passenger side floor, could that cause however the car does not over heat like that its only when I start the car for the first time, I just want to know if a heater core can cause the car to over heat. THATS ALL.

Please no HG suggestions, I know its either the heater core or the radiator, I just want to see if its possible for the heater core to over heat.

#3 ·
Hmmm, so when you replaced that did your car stop over heating, as for the coolant on the floor that ONLY happens when im in a car wash with the heat on NOT ANY OTHER TIME, so could it still be that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.