DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

2nd Annual Mitsubishi Mountain Meet - May 28th - 30th, 2010

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Boostjunki84 
#1 ·

It's about that time again. The 2010 Mitsubishi Mountain Meet will be held on the weekend of May 28th-30th. We have up'd the game this year by refining what we did last year, adding in some new activities and continuing other things in the tradition of last years meet.

Saturday:

The meet will officially kick off with the "meet and great" breakfast at Denny's in Black Mountain, NC at 8am on Saturday morning.

Following breakfast, the dyno day at Appalachian Motorsports will begin at 10am. App is a local perfomance shop that offers all forms of automotive services and have an AWD Mustang dyno. They are a great group of guys and have offered to do this again for us this year. The cost will be $50 for 3 pulls with optional wide-band logging. All those wishing to dyno this year will need to get in touch with Clint Yates at InspiredAuto@yahoo.com to get your name on the list. To ensure you get your time on the dyno, all entries need to be paid by May 20th. Lunch will be served at noon with the dyno day ending when all cars have been dynoed. There is no charge to attend the dyno day. If you are just coming to watch, all you need to bring is some cash to cover your lunch at App.

Something new we have added this year is a Blue Ridge Parkway cruise up to Mt. Mitchell. This will give those who do not wish to dyno/attend the dyno day another option. We will be meeting in the Ingle's parking lot (across from Denny's) at 10am. It is highly recommended that you get fuel before we begin the cruise. There are plenty of stations in the immidiate vicinity. From the Ingle's parking lot we will cruise to Asheville, get on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and drive the 33 miles to the Mt. Mitchell State Park. For those that do not know, Mt. Mitchell is the highest point east of the Mississippi River in the US. We will make a couple of stops on the way up, as there will be multiple chances to take photo's and enjoy the scenery. We will have lunch at the restaurant in the park at noon. This is the only place to eat until we get back to Asheville. If you choose you can bring something with you to eat in the park. At about 3pm we will leave the park and have a chance for some "spirited" driving on our way back to Asheville.

Once back in Asheville or finished up at the dyno day, there will be some free time to explore around town or chill back to your hotel.

We will then be meeting at Asiana Grand Buffet on Hendersonville Rd. at 7pm for dinner. After dinner the evening is open. You can choose to go back to the hotel for the night, go downtown, go to Patton Ave. where much of the local car/truck scene can be found; there are plenty of places to park and hang out.

Sunday:

We get an early start with breakfast at IHOP on Smokey Park Hwy at 7am and then get on the road no later than 8:15am. We will take I-40w to us74(the Great Smokey Mtn. Expy.), then merge onto NC 28n. Once on 28, please pay attention as the road starts to get curvey. This will take us 32 miles deep into the Nantahala National Forest where the "Dragon" is located. This will bring us to the head of the section of us129 that is called the "Tail of The Dragon" or "Deal's Gap", where the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort is located. Here there is parking, food, gifts, gas, and the "Tree of Shame". The "Tail" consist's of 318 curves in 11 miles and is one of the best driver's roads in the US.

At 2pm we will meet at Fontana Dam for a final photoshoot before the meet officially ends, after which you may choose to return to the "Dragon" or begin making the trek back home.

Don't forget, while at the dragon you will be photographed by professional photographers. These photos are usually available for purchase within a few days after the day on which they are taken.

KILLBOY

Zeefoto

US129 photos

Official Itinerary:

Saturday:
8am - Meet and greet breakfast at Denny's
10am - Dyno Day at Appalachian Performance OR *Blue Ridge Parkway cruise to Mt. Mitchell
Noon - Lunch at App. OR *Lunch at Mt. Mitchell
*3pm - Spirited driving back to Asheville
7pm - Dinner at Asiana Grand Buffet
9pm - Free time(back to hotel, downtown, Patton Ave., etc...)

Sunday:
7am - Breakfast at IHOP
8:15am - Leave for Tail of The Dragon
Noon - Lunch
2pm - Photoshoot at Fontana Dam
3pm - Spirited driving until...

More info:
Appalachian Performance
Asian Grand Buffet
Tail of The Dragon
Deal's Gap
http://www.modified.com/features/080...gon/index.html

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'm so in. Hopefully all goes good with the GSX build which it should. But either way I'm in.

Btw, to add to this, if anyone needs any machine work done on an engine or something, Barnes and Reese Racing Engines is who is doing my work and was recommended to me by Appalachian Motorsports. This is down on Amboy Rd.

#5 ·
B&R are great at what they do. They have been around for as long as I can remember. I love when they run the engine dyno, you can hear it for miles.

If I'm not out of town that week I'll try to make it. But I'll probably just drive through on the way to calderwood :p
Scott, did you make it out last year?

I will be there.
About time you confirmed bro!

#6 ·
Clint(inspiredauto) wanted me to add a list to keep up with those coming. For those who are going to make it to Denny's for breakfast on Saturday put a "- D" beside your name. Also, hotel info should be up by this weekend. Thanks.

The List
1. Clint (InspiredAuto) - D
2. Matt (Bigfred)
3. Kim (redspydergirl)
4. Marcus (possibly our ^^^ baby)
5. Chris ( LilRedEclipse) - D
6. Jack (ThaBASSmaN87) - D
7. Mary (as herself ) - D
8. Corey (360glitch)
9. Brian (Tunernewb92)
10. Adam (Boostjunki84) - D
11. Rebekah (Ella_GSX) - D
12. Robb
13. Jdm-Phlegm

#13 ·
IT's OFFICIAL, THE DYNO DAY HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!

As of today, there are 3 people that pre paid for the dyno!! We can't float the rest of the money....

For those of you that prepaid, you will get a full refund through paypal or in cash, however you prefer. PM Inspiredauto to let us know your preference!

We will still be doing to cruise to Mt. Mitchell state park. So after breakfast at Denny's meet at 10am in the Ingle's parking lot accross the street.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.