DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Service Engine Soon Light

12K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  RippinGSX 
#1 ·
I have a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST, and the service engine soon light is on how do i turn it off!?? I dont want to disconnect the battery cable method because that just temporarily turns it off! I know on some vehicles you just need to hold the mileage reset buttons for a few seconds but it's not working any suggestions would be appreciated!!!!

Thank you!

#2 ·
Blkmamba13 said:
I have a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST, and the service engine soon light is on how do i turn it off!?? I dont want to disconnect the battery cable method because that just temporarily turns it off! I know on some vehicles you just need to hold the mileage reset buttons for a few seconds but it's not working any suggestions would be appreciated!!!!

Thank you!

Well most likely its on for a reason, and if you want it to stay off your going to have to get it fixed. Yeah you can get it turned off but if you dont fix the problem it will come back on. Take it to autozone and have them scan it they do it for free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.