DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

ACT 2600- scared of crankwalk...

2K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  NVRacing 
#1 ·
I just purchased an ACT 2600 w/ a fidanza flywheel for my 99 GSX. I was aware that the 2600 could enhance the chances of crankwalk, but now basically everyone is pulling me away from it and I dont know what to do and need some advice. Should I just install it? or maybe look into something else?

:puke: :(

Thanks for the help

#2 ·
Ok 95-96 had the real problems with crankwalk My buddy has a 2900 in his 95 AWD :eek: :D ...Just disconnect your clutch switch..The one that lets the car start when you push in the clutch...And stop pushit in the clutch when you start the car and let it warm up Every time and you should not have any problems....

#11 ·
kornmstr1 said:
Think of it this way, if it happens thats an excuse to swap a 6-bolt and fear no more.
That's what I was gonna say, its an excuse to swap in a 6 bolt. I recommend just installing the thing, as it was stated above I would do what you can to avoid it using the above advice and just squeeze the steering wheel and pray every time you take a left hand turn.

#12 · (Edited)
Hmm. This is tough lol. I read this thread and it makes me want to keep the 2600. If I make a few calls to local DSM chops, they tell me otherwise and to stay away from the 2600....both of the ones that Ive called said that, and as well members in South Florida DSM. They all suggest running a 2100. Im really REALLY stuck.

#13 ·
DistinctiveGS said:
I just purchased an ACT 2600 w/ a fidanza flywheel for my 99 GSX. I was aware that the 2600 could enhance the chances of crankwalk, but now basically everyone is pulling me away from it and I dont know what to do and need some advice. Should I just install it? or maybe look into something else?

:puke: :(

Thanks for the help
i had a bone stock 99 gsx crankwalk on me. i like the rre no name clutch

#20 ·
MacGSX said:
WTF enough man, everyone said install it. Your gonna have 99% say yes and one or 2 say no.....so wtf are you looking for? Ive never seen anyone so scared of installing a clutch. If your worried about things breaking then sell the whole damn car becasue somthing is going to break eventually.

Jordan
wow killer turn it down a notch. I was just trying to grab some info and opinions here. Maybe I was draging it on a bit too long, buts its cool now.

#21 ·
My 96 tsi awd had a 2600 for 2 years, I did not do any b.s. like putting it in nuetral at stop lights unless I was lazy, I started the car with the clutch pushed in and at 110k I pulled my 7 bolt because I wanted to build a nasty engine.

My brother 95 gst act 2600 for 1 1/2 years we did a six bolt swap on his because it spun a rod bearing while we were flogging the shit out of it.

IMO crankwalk is a silly thing to worry about. Put the clutch in and go dump the shit outa it and enjoy the nice stiff act setup :banana:

Instead of crankwalk worry about the trannies you will break the awd dsm tranny is the weakpoint of these cars.(i'm on number 3)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.